News Article: The Kings will play the Sharks at Levi's Stadium Feb 21

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
That is why you don't lose a series down 3-0. They will NEVER hear the end of it.

This.

However, even I think it's somewhat cruel to have 4 national games between the teams, even if a couple are just the sharks feed, they are gonna have to talk about it. :laugh:

Guess that changes my price point a bit!

SJ area really trying to keep out as many Kings fans as possible :sarcasm:

The Hyatt House (which is where I plan on staying - free wifi /breakfast and bigger room) is $210 now and I booked it for $150 yesterday.

Hilton is smoking crack. For $590, you could stay at a 4 star hotel in Downtown SF, take uber back and forth and still save money.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
BART doesn't run that far south yet.
And last time I was in San Jose the projected opening date for the Milpitas station was 2017-18. And that will be the first Silicon Valley station.

You don't need Bart. Caltrain will take you from SF to Mountain View, where you can hop on the light rail and will take you right to Levi.

Those of you wanting to make a trip out of it and need info on public transit and what not, ask our thread. Most fans would be happy to help. Or you can PM me.

And I don't know what this 3-0 series business is all about...did I miss something? No? Oh well, probably don't want to know...

:sarcasm:

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
You don't need Bart. Caltrain will take you from SF to Mountain View, where you can hop on the light rail and will take you right to Levi.

Those of you wanting to make a trip out of it and need info on public transit and what not, ask our thread. Most fans would be happy to help. Or you can PM me.

And I don't know what this 3-0 series business is all about...did I miss something? No? Oh well, probably don't want to know...

:sarcasm:

OT:
THAT's what it was the CALTrain, My brother made me take it once because he was lazy and didn't want to drop me off at my sister's in San Jose.

But yes good point about going to "your area of HF" ( :sarcasm: ) like we have in our stickies about visiting.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
This.

However, even I think it's somewhat cruel to have 4 national games between the teams, even if a couple are just the sharks feed, they are gonna have to talk about it. :laugh:
I'm sure the Sharks crew will be able to put their own unique spin on it.

[nhl]612463[/nhl]

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm sure the Sharks crew will be able to put their own unique spin on it.

[nhl]612463[/nhl]

Absolutely embarrassing that NBCSN was to cheap to send a crew out west for the first 6 games and we fans outside of SoCal were subjected to that crap on a national broadcast.

Might as well have just given Drew and Randy pom poms to use in the booth.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Didn't you guys take any joy in hearing them suffer? I know I did. Speaking of suffering, you guys should see the reaction shots of the crows that CBC had on their feed after the Kings sealed the deal. It was quite depressing. Sharks fans in tears, a couple with the husband just staring into the abyss, and a father and son where the father looked completely distraught. Money well spent.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
And now Drew's in the unemployment line. Talk about a ****** ending to an incredible first round. Pretty hilarious that that was the Sharks biggest off-season move along with hiring ice girls.

rgb63

Jan 29, 2009
My problem is that they built the home of the 49'ers 45 miles away from San Francisco, which I think is stupid. Gentle Ben made reference to the drive being like from LA to OC, which is true. Thing is, however, is that once you drive to OC from LA, you are looking at a different baseball, hockey and--once upon a time--a different football team!

Seems more like the San Jose 49'ers now.

They actually built the stadium across their street from their longtime HQ and practice facility...

Captain Mittens*

And now Drew's in the unemployment line. Talk about a ****** ending to an incredible first round. Pretty hilarious that that was the Sharks biggest off-season move along with hiring ice girls.

It is funny how they talked about these changes and so far a 83 year old Boyle and their color commentator ate the only ones... Lol

Mitchnesses

Hunk of Monkey Love
Jun 7, 2004
Orange County, CA
OT:
THAT's what it was the CALTrain, My brother made me take it once because he was lazy and didn't want to drop me off at my sister's in San Jose.

But yes good point about going to "your area of HF" ( :sarcasm: ) like we have in our stickies about visiting.

Forget the CALTrain, I wanna take the SOUL TRAIN!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It is funny how they talked about these changes and so far a 83 year old Boyle and their color commentator ate the only ones... Lol

I just had a good laugh thinking about Dan Boyle and Drew Remenda eating John Scott.

hannibal_lecter_fava_beans_and_a_nice_chianti.jpg

Ron*

I have no intention of going since I already experienced it at Dodger Stadium but I checked out the game prices just for curiosity and they are ****ing outrageous again.

$350 for crappy seats.

No thanks.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I have no intention of going since I already experienced it at Dodger Stadium but I checked out the game prices just for curiosity and they are ****ing outrageous again.

$350 for crappy seats.

No thanks.

Same thing will happen again this year, the tickets will drastically drop in price as the event nears, it's a league event so the league needs to ok the drop, which happened last year.

They struggled to sell out 55k Dodger Stadium despite having both fan bases within driving distance, goodluck selling out 70k Levi's Stadium at those prices.

$350 for crappy seats.

No thanks.

Ron,

$350 is the highest price seat. Are you saying all the seats are crappy? The prices are much more reasonable for this game than dodger stadium. There are plenty of seats priced from $70-$200.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Same thing will happen again this year, the tickets will drastically drop in price as the event nears, it's a league event so the league needs to ok the drop, which happened last year.

They struggled to sell out 55k Dodger Stadium despite having both fan bases within driving distance, goodluck selling out 70k Levi's Stadium at those prices.

I seem to recall only the $250 tickets having a price drop down to $199. While that was substantial, it's hardly drastic. And it was only one tier out of seven that saw a cut. Was there some other price cut that I missed?

deekortiz3

Sep 11, 2009

Just based on the way the pre-sale have been going I'd predict this will easily sell out pretty far in advance (which I was not expecting at all).

Ron*

Ron,

$350 is the highest price seat. Are you saying all the seats are crappy? The prices are much more reasonable for this game than dodger stadium. There are plenty of seats priced from $70-$200.

I paid over $1,100 for 4 seats at Dodger stadium, the highest priced ticket, and got sight lines that were horrible.

While one time was good for the experience, I can't see choking down that kind of pay day again, ever. Ever. I don't care that the Kings got shut out all that much, it's just that is a hefty price to pay for seats where I couldn't really see what was going on down on the ice.

Ron*

Just based on the way the pre-sale have been going I'd predict this will easily sell out pretty far in advance (which I was not expecting at all).

No it won't. I had my choice at any seat in the house, including the middle seats, and I passed on it. Give it a few days, the venue will be begging people to buy.

Ron*

Didn't you guys take any joy in hearing them suffer? I know I did. Speaking of suffering, you guys should see the reaction shots of the crows that CBC had on their feed after the Kings sealed the deal. It was quite depressing. Sharks fans in tears, a couple with the husband just staring into the abyss, and a father and son where the father looked completely distraught. Money well spent.

Reminds me of game two last season, where the Kings scored twice in the last two minutes of the game to win it. There were several Sharks fans in the row behind us, and they were as quiet as dead church mice after Lewis' goal. One Shark fan was so inconsolable, his girlfriend had to comfort him.

Ron*

I only got the father and son on this one, maybe there is another vid you are referring to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad