The Kadri Line

leafstilldeath*

Alrighty so we signed Clarkson for 5.25 mil and 7 years because he is good offensively and brings other things with his game. OK.

I do not know if you guys have been keeping an eye on how often Clarkson falls down on his ass each game. From my count at least 10+ times.

Now my question is what would you like to see and why?

Lups-Kadri-Clarkson

OR

Lups-Kadri-Kulemin

Do you guys think that Clarkson has not been given the opportunity to shine offensively? Or his game so far hasn't warranted to play on that line with Kadri and Lups.

I prefer Lups-Kadri-Kuli because that line has been productive in the past and I can see that line can become better with more chemistry as they keep playing together often.

Lups SNIPE
Kadri PLAYMAKER
Kulemin BOARDWORK

Also, I do not like Kadri being not given consistent line mates. What the hell is up with that? At least have one player with Kadri and rotate the third. I would seriously like to see Kadri given at least one consistent line mate so he can start developing chemistry with the player.

I personally never really saw a lot of Devils so cannot comment much on Clarkson's play. But from what I have seen so far I haven't liked it as much.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I was a huge fan of the idea of Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson going into this season and I know a lot of people felt the same way. That said, the more I've seen them play and the farther we've gotten into this season, I'm starting to feel that maybe Kulemin is actually the better compliment to the line. He will definitely score less but his skillset seems to work better with Kadri and Lupul.

That said, I HATE the idea of paying Clarkson 5.25 million to play on the 3rd line so I don't know.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Alrighty so we signed Clarkson for 5.25 mil and 7 years because he is good offensively and brings other things with his game. OK.

I do not know if you guys have been keeping an eye on how often Clarkson falls down on his ass each game. From my count at least 10+ times.

Lups-Kadri-Clarkson

OR

Lups-Kadri-Kulemin

Do you guys think that Clarkson has not been given the opportunity to shine offensively? Or his game so far hasn't warranted to play on that line with Kadri and Lups.

I prefer Lups-Kadri-Kuli because that line has been productive in the past and I can see that line can become better with more chemistry as they keep playing together often.

Lups SNIPE
Kadri PLAYMAKER
Kulemin BOARDWORK

Also, I do not like Kadri being not given consistent line mates. What the hell is up with that? At least have one player with Kadri and rotate the third. I would seriously like to see Kadri given at least one consistent line mate so he can start developing chemistry with the player.

I personally never really saw a lot of Devils so cannot comment much on Clarkson's play. But from what I have seen so far I haven't liked it as much.

pretty much agree here

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I think lupul-kadri-kulemin has great chemistry and I would love for them to stay together.

Also, clarkson with raymond and bolland was a great shutdown line, but now bolland is injured for a while :(

On the other hand, clarkson and kadri had some solid offensive chances last game vs the bruins and it looked like they were developing some chemistry. And if they both play like the nasty aggitating player they can be, that line is going to be so fun to watch and will piss off the oponents like crazy.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I was a huge fan of the idea of Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson going into this season and I know a lot of people felt the same way. That said, the more I've seen them play and the farther we've gotten into this season, I'm starting to feel that maybe Kulemin is actually the better compliment to the line. He will definitely score less but his skillset seems to work better with Kadri and Lupul.

That said, I HATE the idea of paying Clarkson 5.25 million to play on the 3rd line so I don't know.
Yup...Not looking good. 1 assist in like 5 games.

DaveT83*

2nd period against Boston was enough for me. Lups/kadri/Kulemin was/is the only line that can cycle the puck.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

Lups-Kadri-Clarkson

OR

Lups-Kadri-Kulemin

Lups SNIPE
Kadri PLAYMAKER
Kulemin BOARDWORK

I agree with what you said when comparing the two lines. The Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin line was proven to be more successful. Even the one period that they played together in Boston.. they looked pretty dominant. There was some good puck possession going on their in the Boston's zone.

I initially liked the idea of Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson and thought it would be an upgrade, but last game sold it for me that Kulemin should be the third guy.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
I'm fine with Clarkson being the third guy, but we need to have a consistent stretch where they can string together more than a couple of games without roster shuffling madness due to injury.

That being said, Clarkson w/ Bolland and whoever on the wing has the potential to give us a 1A/1B/2/4 line distribution vs. a 1/2/3/4.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Whatever is the most effective regardless of player salary; it is irrelevant to winning.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I thought Clarkson has been playing pretty well of late, if it wasn't for a couple of bad bounces he would have a couple of goals. I like that line and on a night when another team will do anything to shut down Phill and JVR they have to step up.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Clarkson's worth is having his ass in front of the net. It is why he was so effective in NJ. If hes not used in that way hell be useless as hes not much of an offensive catalyst nor a defensive stalwart. Basically, he needs to be playing in the top 6 scoring garbage goals and going into the dirty area to be effective. Although Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin play a better possession game, Kulemin is still useful when off that line so I rather get full use out of Clarkson and some use out of Kulemin than full use out of Kulemin and nothing from Clarkson.

Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson for me. Just get Raymond out of the top 6 and im happy.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Clarkson is coming around offensively, had some chances this past weekends. He and Kadri are starting to develop some nice chemistry.

Fabulous

Life & Death
May 13, 2013
Canada
Going into the season I wanted Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson, but the more I see them play I am starting to prefer Kulemin on that line. For now...

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Gotta give clarkson some more time before we write him off just yet. That said, I think Kulemin is a better fit beside kadri and lupes.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011

Meh, we're already paying him, nothing you can do about that. And I don't like looking at the team line by line. Overall, the top three lines get their fair share of minutes.

I think Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin would be the better choice right now. Kulemin's a puck possession player. He keeps plays alive along the boards and plays it safe. Also, with Clarkson, that line might lack any kind of defensive responsibility. Kulemin helps balance that out instantly.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Whatever line Clarkson has been on has been our best possession line in the offensive zone. Its nice to see that for a change.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Lupes-Kadri-Kulemin looked good last game, and were together again today in practice.

Clarkson also looked good on a forechecking line with McClem and Ashton, so I'm sure we'll be seeing these combos for now.

And a Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson line, if Bolland ever comes back, would be the best 3rd line in the league.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Clarkson was never an offensive player, and I don't know why people keep projecting a 20+ goal season for him. He's just not that type of player. It just shows how little some Leafs fans know about the rest of the NHL. I do like having him on the team though.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Clarkson was never an offensive player, and I don't know why people keep projecting a 20+ goal season for him. He's just not that type of player. It just shows how little some Leafs fans know about the rest of the NHL. I do like having him on the team though.

30 goal pace last year, 30 goals the year prior and 17 goals a few years back.... It would be disappointing if he wasnt a 20 goal scorer.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site

who cares what salary is?

put the guy where he can be most effective and best help the team

some of you guys sure have weird priorities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad