GDT: The Joy of Painting with Dano: Flyers @ Devils 7pm MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
not sure i understand the thought process of keeping Mercer at center, where he struggles, between our struggling injured winger, and our other basically-a-rookie winger who is only just now learning how not to struggle.

Would much rather see Haula centering that line with Mercer moved up.

Seriously. I think the ship has sailed on Mercer as a center. Especially when we have Haula available, it makes no sense to play Mercer at a position where he is demonstrably weaker.

Smith in for Miller is an odd choice too. I would have preferred to slot Smith in at 4LW like we were doing before. If that means Bastian has to sit for a game, so be it.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Seems like they want to have the little beef we have in the lineup tonight. Miller isn’t the most physical guy so it makes sense for Smith to be in if that is what their line of thinking is. Same with Bastian staying at forward.

I imagine that he’s going to probably answer to someone for the slash on Konecny tonight, but we’ll see.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Seriously. I think the ship has sailed on Mercer as a center. Especially when we have Haula available, it makes no sense to play Mercer at a position where he is demonstrably weaker.

Smith in for Miller is an odd choice too. I would have preferred to slot Smith in at 4LW like we were doing before. If that means Bastian has to sit for a game, so be it.
Ever since his nagging injury Haula hasnt been playing C.

Clearly its something preventing him from taking faceoffs IMO

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My gut is they sat him against the Ducks because he was part of a trade proposal with the Ducks.
I highly doubt that.

People are taking this Gibson thing too seriously. And he played for Anaheim, until he left sick.

If we trade for Gibson (we better not) it will be in the summer.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_2514.jpeg

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Ever since his nagging injury Haula hasnt been playing C.

Clearly its something preventing him from taking faceoffs IMO

Good call - hadn't noticed that, but Haula has only taken 4 faceoffs total in the past 3 games after averaging more than 12 per game this season. Something is most certainly still bothering him.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad