The Injury Thread, '23-24 Edition - Samuelsson (UBI, surgery, done for year), Girgensons (Ill, D2D), Bryson (eye), Power (face)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It means he needs more pads, to better position himself to not take piss missiles off himself and to pick his spots.

The finer points of coaching have some effect there- we get hemmed in our own zones, running around, and those injuries happen more.

I’m still pissed about getting Tage hurt twice by putting him out there to PK when down big. I get it, consistency and optimism, but coach him to not take those piss missiles. Idk, just kinda an issue with the whole team, we make our own bad luck in some cases. A dumb penalty leads to a pk, constant pressure gets our goalies hurt, guys block shots to show they care and miss some time- again, a better coaching staff starts putting some of this shit together instead of saying “gee, bad luck!” every f***ing year.

Speaking of, who all is banged up, currently? Tage, Tuch, are they fully healthy? Dahlin?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
It means he needs more pads, to better position himself to not take piss missiles off himself and to pick his spots.

He needs to meet Craig Ludwig

IMG_0688.jpeg

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

They don't really need to go to LTIR since they have cap space available.

As an aside -- holy f*** reading the News online is impossible.

Went to read article. *Please disable your ad-blocker to read this article* I did. Re-load *Please subscribe to read this article*.........F*** YOU.

Awful news for Quinn. Wonder if they'll bring him back for the April games?

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Jack Quinn’s injury that occurred Saturday afternoon in San Jose will keep the winger out of the Buffalo Sabres’ lineup long-term.

Quinn is expected to miss approximately eight weeks after he underwent surgery Monday to repair the lower-body injury that occurred during a 5-2 win over the Sharks, sources told The Buffalo News.

It’s a brutal development for Quinn, who missed the first 32 games of the season because of a ruptured Achilles tendon in the same leg. The latest injury isn't related to the Achilles, sources confirmed, and there wasn't damage to his knee, either. An eight-week timeline means Quinn won't be back until late March at the soonest. The Sabres' regular season ends April 15 with a game at Tampa Bay.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As an aside -- holy f*** reading the News online is impossible.

Went to read article. *Please disable your ad-blocker to read this article* I did. Re-load *Please subscribe to read this article*.........F*** YOU.

Awful news for Quinn. Wonder if they'll bring him back for the April games?

Right click to open in an anonymous browser.

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
If there's a silver lining to the Quinn news (it's not much of one) is that these injuries are happening in a dead season where his contributions aren't as necessary as if they were in the running for the post-season. Hopefully a speedy recovery for him!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We haven't had anything more concrete on any of these guys, have we?

Girgensons looked like UBI going into the boards with his head against LA.
EJohnson had the hand cut he picked up from the fight and then perhaps something else?
Samuelsson was another shot block?
And Quinn could be a broken ankle, a sprained ankle, a sprained knee, or some combination of all of those?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
We haven't had anything more concrete on any of these guys, have we?

Girgensons looked like UBI going into the boards with his head against LA.
EJohnson had the hand cut he picked up from the fight and then perhaps something else?
Samuelsson was another shot block?
And Quinn could be a broken ankle, a sprained ankle, a sprained knee, or some combination of all of those?

Would 8 weeks make sense for a clean break of an ankle? I’ve heard high ankle sprains can linger and wouldn’t care to mess with any ligaments- honestly, 8 weeks is better than I’d expected/hoped.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would 8 weeks make sense for a clean break of an ankle? I’ve heard high ankle sprains can linger and wouldn’t care to mess with any ligaments- honestly, 8 weeks is better than I’d expected/hoped.

I was thinking break from my own medical history but it could be a HAS.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
You have got to be kidding me. This season is really an all-timer of disappointment. There have been plenty of worse seasons record wise, but most of those teams had little hope.

We have had a team that looks like it hasn't been coached like one would expect at the NHL level, injuries piling up, and previously exciting players turning into bores or worse.

Get well Sammy. I hope this pile of shit with Quinn and Sammy isn't used as an excuse to save Donny if this crap season continues.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad