The Injury Thread, '23-24 Edition - Samuelsson (UBI, surgery, done for year), Girgensons (Ill, D2D), Bryson (eye), Power (face)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I wonder who else has issues which require surgery in the off season. My over under is 2.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder who else has issues which require surgery in the off season. My over under is 2.

I'm expecting Dahlin to get something done at the end of the year and miss the WC's again. Hell, those videos from Sportbladet, the Swedish sports site, showed he was having a problem bending over. :laugh:

So I'll take the over.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I'm expecting Dahlin to get something done at the end of the year and miss the WC's again. Hell, those videos from Sportbladet, the Swedish sports site, showed he was having a problem bending over. :laugh:

So I'll take the over.

I think Thompson, Cozens and Dahlin are all dealing with something serious. Or I'm on serious copium.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think Thompson, Cozens and Dahlin are all dealing with something serious. Or I'm on serious copium.
If this is true and the organization had any sense they'd have all 3 shut it down and get whatever surgery they need. This season is dead and buried with a tombstone above it, don't make the same idiotic mistake they did with Jack.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
On the flip side, when do we become concerned that Tage and Dahlin in recent seasons always has something lingering that severely impacts their play?

I dont buy it for Cozens. He was playing heartless to start the year. I think it's expectations, the good ol' learning curve for a young player, and just a straight up lack of effort in areas other than being on the rush. I was on the cusp of pulling my hair out watching him wave his stick at plays where he could've battled for positioning with his body.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
On the flip side, when do we become concerned that Tage and Dahlin in recent seasons always has something lingering that severely impacts their play?

I dont buy it for Cozens. He was playing heartless to start the year. I think it's expectations, the good ol' learning curve for a young player, and just a straight up lack of effort in areas other than being on the rush. I was on the cusp of pulling my hair out watching him wave his stick at plays where he could've battled for positioning with his body.

Dahlin's injury happened at the end of last year....like the last 10/15 games. He played the majority of last season at full health.

Same with Tage.

I'm not worried about either.....just like I wasn't worried about Mitts -- Mitts' injured season was an outlier......and it looks like this season might be the outliers for Tage and Ras as far as injuries go.

Sammy is a different story.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Dahlin's injury happened at the end of last year....like the last 10/15 games. He played the majority of last season at full health.

Same with Tage.

I'm not worried about either.....just like I wasn't worried about Mitts -- Mitts' injured season was an outlier......and it looks like this season might be the outliers for Tage and Ras as far as injuries go.

Sammy is a different story.

Eh, I’d say we have more mediocre health than most, overall, and while it sounds nuts and I’ve said it before- our scrambly ways kinda set our guys up for injury. Idk, question luck or the training staff if you like, but I just see a lot of dudes come up hobbling in our defensive end, where we spend a lot of time. I don’t think it’s outrageous to think 20% worse team defense leads to 10% more injuries, or something, we really don’t run a tight ship and injuries occur when you’re running wild, blocking too many shots, taking too many unforeseen hits, etc.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Anyone with an above room temperature IQ could've told them leaning on guys to an insane degree minutes wise was going to lead to this. They literally learned nothing from the Eichel catastrophe.

Reactions: oldgoalie

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Anyone with an above room temperature IQ could've told them leaning on guys to an insane degree minutes wise was going to lead to this. They literally learned nothing from the Eichel catastrophe.
Holy distraught overreaction.

22 MPG is not "leaning on guys to an insane degree." Especially not for a 21-year old who just earned* a #1 D contract who plays literally the lowest impact brand of hockey possible.

We don't have any other info than he left practice to get imaging. He could have taken a shot off the foot for all we know.

*he did not in fact, earn a #1 D contract

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Holy distraught overreaction.

22 MPG is not "leaning on guys to an insane degree." Especially not for a 21-year old who just earned* a #1 D contract who plays literally the lowest impact brand of hockey possible.

We don't have any other info than he left practice to get imaging. He could have taken a shot off the foot for all we know.

*he did not in fact, earn a #1 D contract
To be fair my reaction is probably influenced by the usage of Dahlin (which is why he's constantly injured) and the way they wrecked Eichel.

Reactions: Faceboner

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
To be fair my reaction is probably influenced by the usage of Dahlin (which is why he's constantly injured) and the way they wrecked Eichel.

The problem is that this whole team seems constantly banged up and overwhelmed. Dahlin does it to himself, imo, but he’s also put in a position where he kinda has to. Others, however- again, it’s my own bizarre theory, but I think our lack of structure leads to injuries. We get caught running around, reaching out to block shots and collapsing on our own net, that’s where injuries often occur. Obviously idk about Power, that’s practice, but just commenting on why this seems a theme every single year.

Reactions: sabremike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille