Movies: The Incredibles 2

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't recall the first film to be honest but apparently this sequel 14 years in making was highly anticipated

It made $18.5M on Thursday which is almost double the record for an animated film ($9.2M for Finding Dory) and now is being forecast to potentially shatter the all time opening for an animated film which was $135M for Finding Dory

Anyone see this?

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
It was very good, the ending could had been solved in 2 seconds if Void just used her powers though.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Doesn't have the emotional impact of other Pixar films, including the first Incredibles, but it was still a blast. It's also without a doubt one of the funniest Pixar films.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Loved the first one. Probably my favorite Pixar movie.

While looking at the list of Pixar movies as to rate this against their other films I noticed this is the only one written, converted to screenplay and directed by only one person, Brad Bird.

Reactions: DynamiteKid

DynamiteKid

Aug 12, 2005
Stony Plain
Loved the first one. Probably my favorite Pixar movie.

While looking at the list of Pixar movies as to rate this against their other films I noticed this is the only one written, converted to screenplay and directed by only one person, Brad Bird.

Plus he voices Edna.

Really funny movie. Maybe moreso than the first, although the first was better overall.

Hope they don’t take 14 more years for #3.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Doesn't have the emotional impact of other Pixar films, including the first Incredibles, but it was still a blast. It's also without a doubt one of the funniest Pixar films.

Yes I agree with the emotional impact. When I got out of the theater initially, I thought it wasn't as good as the first one but it took me a while to realize why and I think that's precisely it. Because otherwise, it's just as funny, just as well crafted and seamless as the first one but it lacks a bit of a soul.

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Apparently there is an epilepsy warning?

Anyone able to shed light on what it consists of?

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm planning on taking the family next weekend to see it. Judging by the box office numbers sounds like it was the smart play to wait a week.

First one really was a great, all audiences movie. It holds its own as being on official the stronger superhero films, while staying kid friendly enough.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Really enjoyed it. It lives up to expectations, which is hard to do after 14 years of build up

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I really liked it. It maybe didn't have quite the emotional punch of the first one but I still felt it was emotionally deep enough. On many levels the movie feels very human in a way animated films can struggle to capture. The first one is better but this one is not very far off. And it was hilarious almost all the way through.

Thought it was pretty amusing that my theater actually applauded as the movie was starting. I'm not the type to do something like that but I thought it was cool that people were that excited.

GarryMc

Apr 17, 2018
Incredibles 2 Official Trailer

2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Easily the best superhero movie of the year. Not quite as good as the original, but still a really wonderful movie. Funny, gripping, relatable, and with some legitimately good action scenes.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Slightly off topic, I went back and rewatched the first Incredibles after seeing this, and I was shocked at how average the animation looks. A lot's changed in 14 years.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Got dragged to it by the kids yesterday. I fell asleep for a few minutes of it. From what I saw it was pretty good. The plot was easily solved. The baby was great.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I thought Coco was visually beautiful, one of Pixar's best. The story didn't grab my attention as well as some other Pixar movies have though.

That's cool. Coco hit me on an emotional level the same way Inside Out did. Can't say the same about Incredibles 2, but I did have an enjoyable time watching it.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
My favorite Pixar movie is Up. Quite the tear-jerking emotional opening montage in that movie.

I have Up as #2, but still unbelievable.

4. Ratatouille
3. The Incredibles
2. Up
1. Wall-E

Bottom four

4. A Good Dinosaur
3. Cars
2. Cars 2
1. Cars 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad