Movies: The Incredibles 2

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am a Monster Inc. guy and I thought that was the best sequel/prequel they've ever done. Only negative is a predictable plot and that the baby had too many jokes, but besides that it was a fantastic movie.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
45.5M this weekend at box office and is now the 2nd highest grossing Pixar movie ever (Trailing Finding Dory) while it sits 3rd all time for animated movies and seems safe bet to end its run as highest grossing animated movie

Currently it trails Finding Dory by about 47M. Its not unreasonable to think it passes Finding Dory at some point this week or into next weekend

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Trails Finding Dory by about 18.1M and will surpass it this weekend to be #1 animated film with regard to box office gross

Also will become first animated film to cross 500M mark at domestic box office this weekend or early next weekend

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
It was very entertaining - enough so that I didn't appreciate how flimsy and hole filled the plot (very) was until I left the theater. I would still recommend it although it was not as good as Coco.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
This film is genius.

Here's the plot (spoiler): friendly neighborhood billionaire egomaniac and ostentatious manchild Winston Deavor decides to bankroll a media campaign to manipulate public perception against a law he doesn't like. Why? Because he thinks it's, quote, "not cool", because he, quote, wants to "make supers great again" (must be a coincidence). Off camera and barely mentioned, he also hires a crack team of high priced lawyers to sue the government over said law he doesn't like (the final "earn your happy ending" is in a courtroom). Meanwhile his dusky sister (his darker half, haha), the real brains behind the company, strives to metaphorically hijack that media campaign to manipulate public perception with her own media campaign to manipulate public perception with a plot involving a fake villain that rants about how awful the media is (so a billionaire is using a fake villain who claims to be against the media to use the media to sway people to her point of view) and then literally hijacks the campaign by brainwashing an army of supers and taking over their million dollar catamaran.

With the whole world watching.....the evil force supporting Winston Deavor's telecommunications company brainwashes the heroes, marches them up in front of the camera, and has them say (in glorious monotone), "We are superheroes, we are doing this because we are better than you and can do what we want!" Haha, I see what you're saying. I like it.

By the way, all of Elastigirl's scenes were awesome, heart pounding, well shot, they were, well...fun. That alone was worth the price of admission.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well it broke animated domestic gross record held by Finding Dory and became first Animated film to cross 500M at domestic box office this weekend

Still going strong in 4th weekend of release finishing 2nd with a 29M gross

Will lose some market to Hotel Transylvania 3 this coming weekend but should still have decent life in its run at box office

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Took my 4 year old yesterday and he liked it. I enjoyed it as well. The action scenes were well done and it good humor. Honestly I preferred it over the first one.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This film continues to excel

$11.52M over 6th weekend of release for 5th place finish despite losing large chunk of family audience to Hotel Transylvania 3 in recent weekends

$557M+ Domestic Box Office thus far and closing in on nearly a $1B in total gross worldwide with a few markets left to open

Sep 19, 2008
Was a bit bored with the beginning but once they finally started to get going it was a pretty decent film. 7/10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad