The importance of last nights game

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
That game was incredibly important ... for Montreal. If they had lost in regulation, which they certainly should have, they would have been only five points up on Ottawa, with half the season to go and facing two more scary head-to-head meetings. At eight points up, Habs are still hearing footsteps, but they're not quite so menacing. Third in the division is slightly more secure after that fluke three-point swing.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
We would have won if we still had this guy
2057_3.jpg

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Would you say that last night's game was the most important so far in our season? We all knew from the start that Anderson was not playing the same as we was last season. We also knew that Cowen despite being very solid the last month still had defensive issues he needed to clean up. Now this game was eerily similar to the game in Colorado , but my question is does this game spark management, coaching staff etc to start making the necessary changes to get us over the top?.Our offensive form was lights out last night, I'd say maybe one of our best games of the season in that regards, but just like the Colorado game we allowed 2 points to slip away from us. Btw lots of my Sens fan friends that I seen today were talking about this game for a long time, I myself lost a little bit of sleep over this game.

It was a great game, the rivalry has a chance of surpassing even the leafs one, although that will be a high bar to meet.

I think one really important thing to take out of that game is looking at where it is in the progression. Look how much different they are playing now from the start of the year. It's a complete reversal from us taking all the penalties, always being in our zone, always chasing the game to now finding their sea legs and taking control.

But we are still developing and solidifying an identity. Look how far we've come from development alone. And the backbone of our team, the defense is still so young.

You ask will we make the necessary changes to get over the top. I could ask will you have the necessary patience to develop to that spot. We've seen how often making those changes fails. And we're watching how effective waiting while we develop can be.

Even with that loss, our expectations, and the players expectations surely looked different now. You can see the team growing. And the habs gotta be nervous. That's why i think it was an important game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad