GDT: The Hurricanes Play a Bunch of Senators

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I'll just comment on the "goalie interference" which disallowed our goal with a point that hasn't been discussed yet. Spoiler alert: it's double standards and ref inconsistency for a similar situation in the last game against the Sens.

My main point is not that it wasn't GI (which has been said before), it's the extra 2 minutes against Noesen for "unsportsmanlike conduct" for yelling at the refs that it wasn't GI, etc. yet when we last played Ottawa recently, Ottawa was penalized for delay of game when it was one of our player's stick the puck bounced out of play from and not Ottawa. Giroux was taking the DoG penalty, and he opened the penalty box yelling and cursing at the refs, BUT he was NOT penalized an extra 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.

As usual, the refs are a clown show. It's bad enough Carolina has been struggling a lot since Svech's injury, but to also be battling against the refs too? They even often butcher icing calls against us too, and a ref recently told one of our players to shut the f*** up for complaining that it clearly wasn't icing. Can there ever be accountability for the NHL refs? They just lash out and retaliate against the players for complaining when they screw up, and we keep getting trash tier officiating.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
You don’t win arguments with the refs, even when you’re right. Sounds familiar…..

Anyways, Rod is hurting the team in this area imo because they’ve had enough of him and they’ve had enough of the team echoing what he’s yelling. It absolutely gets in the way of getting the calls we need.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don’t know maybe I don’t watch enough of other team’s games but I don’t think rod is too terribly more animated than other nhl coaches. I don’t think there’s much to a ref telling a cane (aho I think it was) to shut the f*** up either, everybody on the ice is dropping that type of language to everyone else on the ice

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don’t know maybe I don’t watch enough of other team’s games but I don’t think rod is too terribly more animated than other nhl coaches. I don’t think there’s much to a ref telling a cane (aho I think it was) to shut the f*** up either, everybody on the ice is dropping that type of language to everyone else on the ice
It is probably not Rod’s median behavior that is the problem, but his outlier behaviors that got us to where we are in regards to the refs. Just like we don’t remember most of the fine plays in a game, but focus on the bad and pivotal sequences, the refs also probably remember Rod’s explosions more than his “normal” demeanor.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad