GDT: The Hurricanes Play a Bunch of Senators

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Our forwards are just impotent. On top of that, our goalies are way too leaky.

Not a great recipe with the playoffs starting in a week
Definition of a losing streak: their goalie outplays your goalie.

Detroit, Buffalo, Ottawa to name 3 but clearly Freddie has been meh this year.

Going to be an interesting off season with re to goaltenders as Koochie isn’t ready nor may never be a #1 goalie.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
At one point the team was on pace to surpass last seasons win/point total, they were also on pace for like a +80 goal differential.

It says a lot about how it all evaporated. There's no killer instinct on this team. No alpha dog. We have goaltenders who are doing a Scott Darling impression and forwards who can't score.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They can beat the islanders who struggle to score just as much as we do. Pitt can’t get a save either. Florida I’d be most worried about but they’ve been inconsistent all year
They CAN beat the Isles, but with the way they look right now I wouldn't bet on them beating anyone.

Given we only have 2 games left this season before the playoffs, I wonder what the betting line would be for total wins the rest of the way. O/U at 3.5?

Reactions: DaveG and Daeavorn

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Aho look so bad tonight. TT too.
everyone looked bad , Pesce yeah he score but he seems lost alot and boy he like to showboat when he gets hurt on the play , man up ffs , i rather see KK instead of Tevo on the PP , where is Slavin , why isnt he on the PP , Brindy has made alot of questionable moves this year , ive seen Pesce on the PP more than Slavin , i even wanna say double/triple times on the PP.
The penalty didnt surprised me , why would it , its gonna happen in the first round , rangers will have double the PowerPlays than us.
Fire Wadell , move Brindy as GM , let him assist coach if he wants to .Dont re-sign Anderssen , if Raanta wants to play in Chicago fine , he could be a good 3rd goalie.
If the Blue Jackets win the 1st round pick , its only gonna get worst in our division

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Sports are weird, we could easily find our scoring touch magically come playoff time. I don’t have any expectations at this point, due to the injuries and play of late. But I’m not gonna write this team off yet. Just not gonna be disappointed at all with any playoff outcome. We could lose out and get swept by the rags and I won’t really care at this point. Also we’ll probably be pretty heavy media underdogs going forward which could light a fire under the boys’ asses. Still could see us making ECF however unlikely it seems based on the last few weeks.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Sports are weird, we could easily find our scoring touch magically come playoff time. I don’t have any expectations at this point, due to the injuries and play of late. But I’m not gonna write this team off yet. Just not gonna be disappointed at all with any playoff outcome. We could lose out and get swept by the rags and I won’t really care at this point. Also we’ll probably be pretty heavy media underdogs going forward which could light a fire under the boys’ asses. Still could see us making ECF however unlikely it seems based on the last few weeks.
I’ll take my chances with one of the wild card teams but the rangers however not a chance

Should pretty much know who takes the division after tomorrow nights outcomes. I don’t see Carolina beating a desperate Florida team. Hopefully that game means nothing for canes and they can rest some guys

Reactions: Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
A playoff series with Florida, I mean at least our brave fans who make the trip down there to watch Lyon get a 50-save shutout can drown their sorrows with a cocktail on the beach or go for an airboat ride on the everglades.

Also our building won't be filled with opposing fans like it would with Pens or Rangers or even Islanders.

The on-ice Hockey would probably suck on our side, but really it wouldn't be any better against anyone else

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Full credit to necas in his improved play this year. Solid post game interview demonstrates his year over year advance in maturity.

Reactions: Tryamw

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
everyone looked bad , Pesce yeah he score but he seems lost alot and boy he like to showboat when he gets hurt on the play , man up ffs , i rather see KK instead of Tevo on the PP , where is Slavin , why isnt he on the PP , Brindy has made alot of questionable moves this year , ive seen Pesce on the PP more than Slavin , i even wanna say double/triple times on the PP.
The penalty didnt surprised me , why would it , its gonna happen in the first round , rangers will have double the PowerPlays than us.
Fire Wadell , move Brindy as GM , let him assist coach if he wants to .Dont re-sign Anderssen , if Raanta wants to play in Chicago fine , he could be a good 3rd goalie.
If the Blue Jackets win the 1st round pick , its only gonna get worst in our division
I love this post.

Reactions: ndp

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
If we somehow are in the situation on Thursday where we need a win and Florida has W1 locked up, you can bet their asses they will lay down so they will get us and not the Devil's... So at least there's hope.
Very unlikely florida is gonna have a spot locked up before that game

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Someone with more hockey knowledge than myself. Please tell me why that was a "good" time to call timeout. There was a lot of time left and you might need it in the end (we probably could have used it later as it happened). Were there PP1 guys who needed a breather? I can't remember. And if not shouldn't they have set plays in their pocket? Most all teams defend the 5 on 3 the same.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Not much to say, brindy summed it up pretty well in the postgame.

If the league wants to cut goalies diving like tonight, they don't need to change anything on ice. The spotters need to be instructed to make the call to put the floppers in the protocol. Guys won't flop long if the tradeoff for the 2 minutes is getting pulled from the game.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Someone with more hockey knowledge than myself. Please tell me why that was a "good" time to call timeout. There was a lot of time left and you might need it in the end (we probably could have used it later as it happened). Were there PP1 guys who needed a breather? I can't remember. And if not shouldn't they have set plays in their pocket? Most all teams defend the 5 on 3 the same.
asked the same thing , love Hometown Rob , but many of his calls are questionable

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Pp 1 guys were out there for a while from what I remember

Yeah the Cats f***ed up tonight but I think they still get in.
Pitt has 2 very winnable games and islanders have Montreal. I think it might come down to a win vs Carolina Thursday for florida

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad