The Hurricanes have now played more NHL seasons in North Carolina than in Connecticut

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
18 in Hartford, this season is the 19th in Greensboro//Raleigh. Not always as much success as our fans would like, but there have been a few deep runs, a cup, and the team looks to be on the up & up talent and prospect wise.

It hasn't always been easy (especially the Greensboro years), but I think the market and fans have proven viable, and the longevity has spoken for itself.

Here's to many, many more year's of Hurricanes hockey in this great State :cheers:

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Congratulations to the :canes franchise. :handclap:

Would like to see the team sellout every game though. Maybe a few seasons in the playoffs will help. Came close last year.

The team has done a great job building the defense, looks good for the future. Building the foundations for a good defense will pay off.

Dutch Oven

Nov 21, 2007
NC
I moved to North Carolina from Connecticut. 10 years later the team I've followed since the WHA days followed me south. My friends in CT give me lots of grief for being a fan. I tell them I'm loyal to the franchise and not to the city of Hartford. I'll usually follow that up by telling them that they quit on the team and post a picture of Karmanos lifting the cup. Go Canes! :yo:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Congrats! Hopefully the Canes can get another top pick this year and become relevant soon

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Congrats! Hanifin is the real deal! I was in Carolina before and had a nice time its a nice part of the USA

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
yeah but at the cost of the Whalers' uniforms :(

4920-305Fr.jpg

straight up the best laundry in hockey by a not insignificant margin

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I have zero emotional attachment to the Hartford whalers but I really want a nice hat with that logo.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'll file this thread under "Things that don't make me go "Wow!"".

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'll file this thread under "Things that don't make me go "Wow!"".

I understand this sentiment, but I guess it is more of a proof that hockey can work in the south, when done right.

Cheers :cheers:

do not want to get into a "traditional" vs. "non-traditional" debate, just trying to say that it can work, and we are all equals as fans :)

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Congrats from a fan of a division rival that launched only 3 years later.

Carolina and Columbus have a lot in common. They are in the two smallest markets in the Metro (in similarly-sized markets I should say), are are the two youngest-established teams in their division in regards to when they began playing in their current markets (1997 for Carolina, 2000 for Columbus), and are far less established than the other teams in the Metro (the Devils arrived in New Jersey 15 years before the 'Canes came to NC). They have also seen much less success than the other teams in the Metro, although Carolina did win the Stanley Cup once. And both teams are located in cities which are hotbeds for a specific college sport (college basketball in Raleigh, college football in Columbus - I'm always more excited for the upcoming OSU football season than the upcoming Blue Jackets season due to the OSU football usually doing better than the Jackets, but I stick by them nonetheless).

Sep 26, 2016
They're going to have a scary blueline soon. I hope the Hurricanes can carve a comfy niche in Raleigh the way the Predators have in Nashville, but the latter has been consistently competitive, Carolina has not. I'm sure the fans will come out in droves when it happens, they have a great playoff crowd that rivals any.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: