Jul 3, 2012
The most important stats about the Canes is StromSurge/60

Mmmmmm

IMG_7439-e1504606546581.jpg

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I like how they've built their team, around an incredible blueline. If they ever get a goalie, watch out. They kind of remind me of the mid 90's Devils. Not a lot of big names on offense, but an unreal blueline that can just shut any other team down.

Reactions: MrThomas

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Last year they posted crazy shooting quantities and there was a lot of discussion with their summer trades that things should get even crazier.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The Hurricanes are going to be a force for years to come in the East. Along with Toronto and Tampa.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I think the Hurricanes will be one of the most difficult teams to play against this year. They have arguably the best D core in the league while playing high tempo, speedy game to bring the opponent down.

They have an amazing number of excellent skaters in the team, that's just the way it's built:
Aho
Slavin
Haula
Teräväinen with the fancy edge work
Dzingel
Necas

...and they have to Brind'amour system to actually use all that speed in effective way. I don't think the goaltending will hurt them that much with the kind of D and team defense they have.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
I like how they've built their team, around an incredible blueline. If they ever get a goalie, watch out. They kind of remind me of the mid 90's Devils. Not a lot of big names on offense, but an unreal blueline that can just shut any other team down.

Hmm not a lot of big names?

Aho, Slavin, Teräväinen, Svechnikov, Hamilton etc...

Especially Aho is a solid top10 center out there.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Is that what they're debating? Because the title says unstoppable.

I'm saying I had been visiting the other team's GDTs since opening night and while some of the comments were like "you better watch out for those Canes, they are really good" the majority seemed to admonish the people who posted that and were all like "The Canes just got lucky, our team sucked tonight, blah blah"

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
4-0 with a tough schedule, Mtl, Wsh, and both Florida teams, and they have dominated for the most part. Even Reimer is making saves. Is there a better team right now?

Their start is pretty awesome for sure but pump the breaks on the "tough schedule."

Montreal and Florida, while ok, aren't exactly part of the upper echelon of the league. I'll give you the other two.

Hopefully the Canes can keep it up.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
The Hurricanes are going to be a force for years to come in the East. Along with Toronto and Tampa.

Honestly, Boston might be better than Toronto, even in the long term.

Tampa/Boston/Carolina look like the top 3 contenders at this point.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
4 games, and from what I've seen on here 4 fanbases who would rather trash their own teams than admit that the Canes have a very solid team this year. Lulz.

I agree they are solid. Unstoppable? Naw. My bolts are in a funk leftover from last year's playoffs. The canes can be solid and the bolts in a funk. Sorry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad