The Hurricanes are unstoppable

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I remember when somebody assumed a Panthers fan was a Canes fan while they were trying to make a snarky point
There’s still people confidently predicting major Canes success such as winning division, deep playoffs etc thru the boards. Same point

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And DeHaan via trade. But I agree, despite the losses, the additions were excellent and the FA pickups were shockingly cheap.
The biggest change so far this year is a Power Play that isn't hot garbage. Hamilton and Gardiner running PP QB is just a better fit than what we had with Faulk and should hopefully be sustainable this year, and if it is, could be enough to push is from where we were last year to legitimate contention.

Knowing that possibly happened because of the contract we signed Gardiner for is... Well, it's nice

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Yeah, that's crazy talk, that could never happen
Lol of all people on the boards, or this thread, making my point... why me lol. I was teasing with the first message, you can calm down, jerk ;)

My only point was it’s early. I know the Canes can, I won’t say they WILL based on 4 games. I was only “directed” at ‘those’ people.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
the canes had a perfect offseason bringing in haula, dizngel, gardnier, edmundson

and losing practically nothing.

they also have a ton of young players getting better

I wouldnt call Justin Faulk, Michael Ferland, and Justin Williams "practically nothing."

Reactions: Casanova

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
If they had an a legit NHL starter maybe. But they almost lost a game where they faced 12 shots lmao. They will come crashing down to earth in a couple of weeks.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Oh mean bc they almost always backfire

Half of 26 is trying to justify trading our captain, the other half is wondering why Aho has gotten so lazy, our mascot is a pig, we get free biscuits from local chicken joints for power play goals, our color broadcaster is certifiably insane, our owner thumbs his nose at the hockey establishment so hard he's starting to look like Michael Jackson circa 1998, and there are storm surges.

Friend, if backfiring was a thing, main board threads would be about #96 on the list of things waiting to backfire on us.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
"Unstoppable"

They won't finish in the top 5 in the NHL standings this year, I guarantee it.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have Aho in fantasy and wanna know if he is actually playing bad or is just snake bitten/ 4th guy to touch the puck
He draws his mana from same pool as Laine and Puljujarvi, and currently it's Laine siphoning it over his personal allocation, so...

It really would be solved for all three if they were re-united in the same line again, but apparently that's stuuped...!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad