Blue Jays Discussion: The Hunt For the Pennant is On: Meaningful Jays Ball in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
i have the worst luck with picking games to attend :laugh:

at least NYY lost too

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Don't count your chickens.

Just be careful, a full month left and they were just hotter than ever. Have we seen this movie before? Im just saying, great for the Jays but she ain't over yet and September won't be as kind.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Just be careful, a full month left and they were just hotter than ever. Have we seen this movie before? Im just saying, great for the Jays but she ain't over yet and September won't be as kind.

Have we seen this movie before? I can tell you right now that the Jays haven't been in 1st this late into the season since 1993.

Rizzy13

Jan 26, 2009
Was at the game last night August 31st. Fun game. What song was Encarnacion coming out to??

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I'm jealous of the Indians pitching and horseshoes up their *** with finding gems in Kluber and Carrasco. But I guess teams say the same about us and EE and Jose.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Thats funny. The best short stop in baseball was cold as ice, your starting 2nd baseman didn't play, your CF didn't hit, and your catcher didn't hit. Super hot fire.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
I was going to say they most certainly do :laugh:

I'm sure they're also jealous of the minimal amount we gave up for Donaldson (MVP) and Travis (he'd be up for ROY if he was healthy).

On another note, if Estrada keeps pitching well he might be walking himself into a debate for a qualifying offer :naughty:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Did they say if Price is pitching Saturday or Sunday?

To answer my own question, Price is starting on five days rest on Sunday.

Hutch goes Friday, Buehrle Saturday. Gives Buehrle an extra day of rest but also lines him up for a start in New York so I can't say I really understand.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Also, the Jays and Yankees schedules, mapped while eliminating common games. Blue Jays have one less non-common game as the Yankees have a game in hand.

Toronto
@ New York AL (1)
@ Boston (1)
@ Baltimore (1)
v Cleveland (2)
@ Atlanta (3)

New York
v Toronto (1)
v Boston (1)
v Chicago AL (4)
@ New York NL (3)

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Also, the Jays and Yankees schedules, mapped while eliminating common games. Blue Jays have one less non-common game as the Yankees have a game in hand.

Toronto
@ New York AL (1)
@ Boston (1)
@ Baltimore (1)
v Cleveland (2)
@ Atlanta (3)

New York
v Toronto (1)
v Boston (1)
v Chicago AL (4)
@ New York NL (3)

It was frustrating seeing New York beat up on Atlanta, but the fact that they didn't can any ground while doing so AND the Jays still get to play the Braves bodes well for the Jays.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Any word on Sept. call ups? This is a fun day! No more worrying about having enough guys and carrying three catchers and who will pinch run. The organization gets to use its depth to help it win!

Just saw that Dalton Pompey tweeted that "Christmas has come early."

I expect these guys to be up today:

Delabar
Tepera
Pompey
Kawasaki
Thole
Loup

Feels like I'm forgetting someone too. Edit: It was Jeff Francis. I expect to see him up to have a third leftie in the pen.

Last edited:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Any word on Sept. call ups? This is a fun day! No more worrying about having enough guys and carrying three catchers and who will pinch run. The organization gets to use its depth to help it win!

Delabar
Tepera
Pompey
Kawasaki
Thole
Loup

Feels like I'm forgetting someone too.

I would think Hague comes up too, maybe Hynes and/or Copeland. Didn't they call up pretty much everyone on the 40-man last year? I'm sure it's a bit different with the team in a playoff push right now, but I think having more options (even if just to give more guys time off in blowouts) can't hurt.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It pretty much comes down to the this final month. Whoever has a better month of September (Jays or Yankees) wins the division. I just hope the Jays did not peak too early.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
All I wanted at the beginning of the season was meaningful September baseball, so I'm happy :D

So, if they fall short, lose the division and then don't win a wild card (seems almost impossible at this point) and miss the playoffs - you won't be on here ranting and raving and demanding everybody be traded and fired? :D

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
IIRC there is currently an open spot on the 40 man. Wouldn't surprise me to see Jonathan Diaz or Andy Burns added to it for an extra infielder.

EDIT: Nevermind. With Dorn and Roach added, it's at 40. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz or Burns are added to the 40 man and someone like Hynes or Copeland are DFA'd.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So, if they fall short, lose the division and then don't win a wild card (seems almost impossible at this point) and miss the playoffs - you won't be on here ranting and raving and demanding everybody be traded and fired? :D

I'll probably be in a corner sobbing somewhere and no where near my computer, so no ;)

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I'll probably be in a corner sobbing somewhere and no where near my computer, so no ;)

Haha, nice. This doesn't feel like it's a team that's "happy to be there."

I may be asking for too much, but I would love to see this team with a four or five game lead heading into the final week. It would be spectacular to be able to set the rotation perfectly for the first playoff series.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com

Delabar
Tepera
Pompey
Kawasaki
Thole
Loup

Feels like I'm forgetting someone too. Edit: It was Jeff Francis. I expect to see him up to have a third leftie in the pen.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Loup, there it is! Loup, there it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad