Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Then If we could have signed Rielly :/

But then where would Scuderi and Lovejoy play? :dunno:

Think it was TIOPS that recently said they would like to move one of Scuderi or Lovejoy...and that the coaches prefer Scuderi (?)...but Lovejoy may stay because he's cheaper.

Dear god...Lovejoy for Despres still makes be physically ill. Think about how much better off we'd be if we still had him.

Letang-Despres
Maatta-Cole

Could have worked too.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
If we never do that trade and move Scuds and Sutter, our roster this year is pretty incredible.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Sutter really doesn't belong in the same sentence as Scuderi.
No question. Even Kunitz doesn't belong in the same breath. Kunitz in good health is probably still a serviceable top 9 LW. Sutter is still youngish and a good defensive center at ES.

Scuderi isn't an NHL caliber player at this point, and he's paid to be a good top 4. Just brutal.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
No, our top six is incredible. Our bottom six is pretty lackluster and we have a grand total of zero 2nd pairing defensemen. :laugh: No, I'm not sold on Cole. And no, Pouliot's not ready for that kind of responsibility or minutes based on what I saw last season. Lovejoy and Scuderi are barely 6th defensemen, and guys like Dumoulin, Chorney, etc. are borderline NHL guys at the moment.

Still a ton of work to be done to get to where we need to be, but finally not having to worry about the top six is so awesome.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's a good deal but no need for Stewart now.

I'm late to the party, but I think he would of been good depth for that price. Someone that can put up 15 goals and can actually punch people that need punching (It was a nice try, Downie. But Shane Doan needed more than that). Someone that I wouldn't hesitate to put with Sid for a couple shifts if a Dubinsky is on the ice in troll mode, and not have the line be completely held back offensively.

I think we missed a great piece with him. But we're up against the cap with this top 6 sooo... depth isn't a luxury we're are going to have.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Currently this team is constructed more for entertainment than for success. We have to unload the dead fat for us to even compete in the playoffs. No way could I imagine Rob Scuderi liftind the Stanley Cup next year. It starts with him.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I miss a couple of days and come back to Sharp being traded and Stewart signing a cheap one year deal. Nice. Maybe if I skip a few more days I'll come back and see Scuderi was traded, too :laugh:

Hawks still need to make another move, though, to sign Kruger, right? Wonder if they'll wind up trading him, too?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think I read on here someone say Kessel is Pat Kane if Pat Kane was on a ****** team.

I mean, Kane did call Kessel the best player he ever played with. Which is why it is truly ridiculous we're still making comparisons with Neal. The guy who played hard to make the Olympic team, didn't and then proceeded to do dick all for us in the playoffs. While Kessel was America's best forward and went back to a **** situation in Toronto and tied his career high in goals playing with the same quality of center Neal had in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Currently this team is constructed more for entertainment than for success. We have to unload the dead fat for us to even compete in the playoffs. No way could I imagine Rob Scuderi liftind the Stanley Cup next year. It starts with him.

So much right.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Does Scuderi's NMC mean he can't be waived? I would love to see Erixon make the team and Scuds get sent down.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Does Scuderi's NMC mean he can't be waived? I would love to see Erixon make the team and Scuds get sent down.

I believe so. That's the key difference between NMC and NTC. With NMC, you can't trade the player or move them from the roster in any other way besides buyout. Thanks Ray.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Unfortunately, yes. From everything I understand about NMCs... it means he can't be put on waivers unless he gives them permission to do so. And it's tough to imagine him doing that, for any reason.

It's pretty awesome that not only did Ray Shero pay Scuderi too much money over way too many years but also felt the need to make his contract almost completely bulletproof, as well. I mean... ASIDE FROM A BUYOUT, OF COURSE.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I mean, Kane did call Kessel the best player he ever played with. Which is why it is truly ridiculous we're still making comparisons with Neal. The guy who played hard to make the Olympic team, didn't and then proceeded to do dick all for us in the playoffs. While Kessel was America's best forward and went back to a **** situation in Toronto and tied his career high in goals playing with the same quality of center Neal had in the playoffs.

Love ya mpp9, but you're not only taking the Neal/Kessel analogy all out of context (nobody suggested they were the same calibre of player), you're making some pretty dubious assertions in the process.

Bozak and Sutter are equal? Last time I checked, Sutter couldn't manage to look offensively competent playing with Malkin, and Bozak produced at a 57 point pace the last two years. Bozak's not a 1st line center, but he's got a lot more going for him than Sutter offensively.

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
Unfortunately, yes. From everything I understand about NMCs... it means he can't be put on waivers unless he gives them permission to do so. And it's tough to imagine him doing that, for any reason.

It's pretty awesome that not only did Ray Shero pay Scuderi too much money over way too many years but also felt the need to make his contract almost completely bulletproof, as well. I mean... ASIDE FROM A BUYOUT, OF COURSE.

Man did Shero ever screw that one up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad