THE HOME STRETCH: "DAT WILD CARD" - They ****** did it! - Part 2

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
If we lose and Tampa wins we will make the playoffs and will be picking 15th in the draft. If we win and make the playoffs we could be picking 19th.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So if the Sens make it when do playoff tickets go on sale?

Do seasons ticket holders already have access? Some people have put them up on stub hub already but the official site has no listings.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If we lose and Tampa wins we will make the playoffs and will be picking 15th in the draft. If we win and make the playoffs we could be picking 19th.

we are going to win, so we'll have to deal with the consequences

WhiteLight*

I feel some posters who defended the Neil, Phillips, Greening (and to a lesser extent, Michalek and Cowen), need to eat some crow.

This streak really shows that these players were the problem. But some posters, won't name any names, constantly said that they were fine in a 3rd pair or 4th line role, that their contracts weren't burdens because they only make $2.5M, for example.

Well you guys were just straight up wrong. A team is only as good as the sum of its parts, and yes Boro is much better then Phillips. Yes Condra is much better than Neil. There's no question guys, and it made a huge difference in making the playoffs.

Thank you Dave Cameron for recognizing the need to inject youth - that the old boys club and GSN weren't getting it done.

Thank you for trusting Condra, Pageau, Lazar, Wiercioch, Borowiecki and hell even Stone (who was a depth player). I believe it made all the difference in making the playoffs.

Having Neil, Phillips and Greening sit was awesome - for all the "pro loyalty" and the "contracts aren't burdens" people out there, eat crow. Heck, the people saying this team was filled with AHL talent, you can also eat crow.

This is a complete team from top to bottom; has been from the start. Nice to see it managed competently.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I feel some posters who defended the Neil, Phillips, Greening (and to a lesser extent, Michalek and Cowen), need to eat some crow.

This streak really shows that these players were the problem. But some posters, won't name any names, constantly said that they were fine in a 3rd pair or 4th line role, that their contracts weren't burdens because they only make $2.5M, for example.

Well you guys were just straight up wrong. A team is only as good as the sum of its parts, and yes Boro is much better then Phillips. Yes Condra is much better than Neil. There's no question guys, and it made a huge difference in making the playoffs.

Thank you Dave Cameron for recognizing the need to inject youth - that the old boys club and GSN weren't getting it done.

Thank you for trusting Condra, Pageau, Lazar, Wiercioch, Borowiecki and hell even Stone (who was a depth player). I believe it made all the difference in making the playoffs.

Having Neil, Phillips and Greening sit was awesome - for all the "pro loyalty" and the "contracts aren't burdens" people out there, eat crow. Heck, the people saying this team was filled with AHL, you can also eat crow.

This is a complete team from top to bottom; has been from the start. Nice to see it managed competently.

The other thing is this team is very young.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Having Neil, Phillips and Greening sit was awesome - for all the "pro loyalty" and the "contracts aren't burdens" people out there, eat crow. Heck, the people saying this team was filled with AHL, you can also eat crow.

I wouldn't give Cameron all the credit considering he was forced to play players because of injuries.

Michalek was one of the hottest players until he got hurt recently.
Neil I'd still take over Smith.

Considering Greening was waived and sent to the AHL, that could almost be credited to Murray.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa

Having Neil, Phillips and Greening sit was awesome - for all the "pro loyalty" and the "contracts aren't burdens" people out there, eat crow. Heck, the people saying this team was filled with AHL talent, you can also eat crow.

100% agreed. I do feel Michalek has changed things around and was doing great before the injury, but everything else is solid. Even if they are healthy, Neil, Phillips, and Greening have no place on this team. I still think Cowen could be more effective than Grbya .... or even Wideman. But it's time for some players to go.

WhiteLight*

100% agreed. I do feel Michalek has changed things around and was doing great before the injury, but everything else is solid. Even if they are healthy, Neil, Phillips, and Greening have no place on this team. I still think Cowen could be more effective than Grbya .... or even Wideman. But it's time for some players to go.

Yeah Michalek has been fine. Credit to his play during the streak, but still, he was a product of Stone and Turris. When MacArthur got on that line, it just looked even better.

Anyway, no real issue with Michalek, but he's not a clear cut top 6 guy on this team obviously. But he's cool.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Anyone have the picture of the standings in Feb?

Also our % chance to make the playoffs at that time? Think it was 1% or something. Would appreciate it.

So proud of our team.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

They got injured. Tank nation... Hate all the vets have nothing ti say in asking other posters to eat crow. At all. Negative nelly's can bite it. Cowen, Phillips, Neil, Greening all helped us get points this year. Injuries may see them help us win a Cup in the playoffs.

No place for hate. The posters defending any of our player's were mostly calling out other poster's for being dickish.

Sorry gotta love all these guys... Every last one. Who fought to start the comeback vs Pens that started this relentless comeback? People railed on Wiercioch all year and he plays solid for the streak.

How can the negative haters call out the positive fans as we make the playoffs?

Get real. Everyone helped us to this place. To a man. All the haters can just bite it.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I just looked it up for another thread. Feb 9th seems to be the worst day.

51 games 49 points. 14 points back. Drafting 5th overall.

Fixed: 9th was slightly worse because of draft position.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

:handclap:

This team went from one of the most cringeworthy ever to one of the most likeable ever pretty much overnight. Amazing.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah Michalek has been fine. Credit to his play during the streak, but still, he was a product of Stone and Turris. When MacArthur got on that line, it just looked even better.

Anyway, no real issue with Michalek, but he's not a clear cut top 6 guy on this team obviously. But he's cool.
Still better than Smith. Hope he's ready when the playoffs start! :yo:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Good Idea.

Get down to the airport and welcome the boys when they arrive between 5:30 - 6:00pm

Never know, it could help give them a boost in the playoffs.

Let's go!
:sens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad