OT: The Holiday Thread

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Santa brought the little guy a Bergeron jersey. His first Bruins jersey.

I wanted to take him home from the hospital in one (specifically the captain), but a) they don't make them that small and b) he was 6 weeks early so every plan got thrown out the window. But that's why this gift from Santa, which Mama ordered, meant a lot to me.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
0870A51F-F019-45AC-93C5-AAF7CF68851C.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hoping you all had a great Christmas with friends and family.

I’m planning to do a trip to Boston in 2023 for Paddy’s day, hopefully I’ll get to see some of you geeks!
I will now schedule my vacation around this.

I got a good Christmas story.

So the roomba tried to eat one of my presents after it got too close to the tree and the ribbon got caught.

We go to open gifts so I decide to open that one first. Mom got me an airtag and holder. Sweet. I go to open the tag and it is an empty box. I open the holder and that is empty too. Turns out that my mom wrapped the wrong boxes. By far one of the funniest moments of Christmas

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Santa brought the little guy a Bergeron jersey. His first Bruins jersey.

I wanted to take him home from the hospital in one (specifically the captain), but a) they don't make them that small and b) he was 6 weeks early so every plan got thrown out the window. But that's why this gift from Santa, which Mama ordered, meant a lot to me.
All important question, did you guys get the jersey a bit bigger so it can be worn over a few years?

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Let’s make it happen!
Sheppy, are you at an active planning stage yet? I’m looking at the Residence Inn/Tudor Wharf for Thursday through Sunday.

Sheppy, are you at an active planning stage yet? I’m looking at the Residence Inn/Tudor Wharf for Thursday through Sunday.

Edit - wait, the Bruins aren’t in town that stretch - clearly you’re basing the trip on other elements?

Reactions: rfournier103

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Edit - wait, the Bruins aren’t in town that stretch - clearly you’re basing the trip on other elements?
Planning on next season!

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Anyone with big plans for the weekend?

Usual Christmas party tonight.....these people are crazy with appetizers like bacon wrapped shrimp, lobster stew, pine rib sliders.....then comes the meal of several italian dishes, salads, etc....and then a dessert table all through the kitchen......a band....endless booze

Everyone stay safe out there and a pre Yokus Badanya for all

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
How long until the outside lights go off? - week or 2

House decorations down? garland etc, will stay up longer, nice to have the lights

Tree down? - depends....if the dog crashed his ball into it again....sooner....if not.....couple weeks

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I am completely alone for Christmas for the first time in my 46 years on this planet. A perfect storm of family politics, broken relationships and an unhealthy work/life balance.

It may sound a little silly, but being proxy to all the kindness I see in this thread helps. I am not terribly upset, mind you, the peace and quiet (and productivity, unhealthy balance aside) has been not so bad. There are such good people in our little e-family here, though, and I am grateful for all of you.

Merry Christmas from Chibby and I.

View attachment 626357
I clicked on the link.

I enjoy your posts, and what you bring to the table. A belated Merry Christmas to you and your handsome puppy.

~Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad