Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
:devils

1. Jon Merrill - D - Michigan (NCAA)
2. Alexander Urbom - D - Albany (AHL)
3. Adam Henrique - C - Albany (AHL)
4. Brandon Burlon - D - Michigan (NCAA)
5. Eric Gelinas - D - Saint John (QMJHL)

Assuming Josefson doesn't qualify for the survey.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
In the latest issue of THN (goalie issue), they ranked the top 10 goalie prospects.

1. Jacob Markstrom
2. Jake Allen
3. Braden Holtby
4. Mark Visentin
5. Martin Jones
6. Brad Thiessen
7. Darcy Kuemper
8. Calvin Pickard
9. Petr Mrazek
10. Sam Brittian

Now, usually in this annual issue they also provide the FW ranking of the 10 goalies, but they didn't this year. So, I'm not sure if these same rankings will appear in FW 2011.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
In the latest issue of THN (goalie issue), they ranked the top 10 goalie prospects.

1. Jacob Markstrom
2. Jake Allen
3. Braden Holtby
4. Mark Visentin
5. Martin Jones
6. Brad Thiessen
7. Darcy Kuemper
8. Calvin Pickard
9. Petr Mrazek
10. Sam Brittian

Now, usually in this annual issue they also provide the FW ranking of the 10 goalies, but they didn't this year. So, I'm not sure if these same rankings will appear in FW 2011.
No Campbell? :help:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
even as a Northeastern homer, I can't see Thiessen as the #6 goalie prospect in the league. Really not sure he has the same upside as say Tokarski or Mike Murphy. Just noticed no Campbell either, that's an absolutely glaring omission, as at worst he should be #3 or 4.

best guess for a Canes list:
graduated: Jamie McBain, Jeff Skinner, Justin Peters

1) C - Zac Dalpe
2) W - Zach Boychuk
3) D - Justin Faulk
4) D - Brian Dumoulin
5) W - Drayson Bowman
HM: G - Mike Murphy or W Oskar Osala (in case Boychuk finishes the season on Carolina with enough games played to no longer count)

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
[/B]
Well then how could Markstrom be on the list at all let alone first ?

AT, when you are going to something with that ridiculous avatar? That's just so embarassing on so many levels, I cringe every time I see it. Surely you would at least care that it's a huge insult to your own national team? Who, according to the drawing, were so utterly worthless that they needed overtime to beat a team of little kids? It's one thing to mock the opposition, but it's usually advisable to do it in a way that doesn't equally belittle your own....

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
AT, when you are going to something with that ridiculous avatar? That's just so embarassing on so many levels, I cringe every time I see it. Surely you would at least care that it's a huge insult to your own national team? Who, according to the drawing, were so utterly worthless that they needed overtime to beat a team of little kids? It's one thing to mock the opposition, but it's usually advisable to do it in a way that doesn't equally belittle your own....

Yea, you are right it has been a year time to retire it.

Doug Height

Okposwag
Feb 17, 2008
LI

1. Jacob Markstrom
2. Jake Allen
3. Braden Holtby
4. Mark Visentin
5. Martin Jones
6. Brad Thiessen
7. Darcy Kuemper
8. Calvin Pickard
9. Petr Mrazek
10. Sam Brittian

No Reimer, Poulin, or Campbell?

Pretty crappy list IMO.

Hamilton35

Jan 21, 2009

1. Jacob Markstrom
2. Jake Allen
3. Braden Holtby
4. Mark Visentin
5. Martin Jones
6. Brad Thiessen
7. Darcy Kuemper
8. Calvin Pickard
9. Petr Mrazek
10. Sam Brittian

Glad to see Mrazek get some due.

Omission of Campbell is not overly surprising if youve seen him play more than just world juniors. Imo he is being poorly coached this year and has lost the ability to play within himself. His athleticism is still there but he is not using it properly and often causes him to completely overplay the puck. He has looked terrible in the O this year.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Omission of Campbell is not overly surprising if youve seen him play more than just world juniors. Imo he is being poorly coached this year and has lost the ability to play within himself. His athleticism is still there but he is not using it properly and often causes him to completely overplay the puck. He has looked terrible in the O this year.

Well, any way you look at it, Campbell is CLEARLY a top 10 goalie prospect even if he's having a rough year in the O.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'd almost put money on schenn being the number one.

Also after seeing his play with the big club this season I have a hard time not including Tanev in our top prospects maybe not in the top five but definitely a honourable mention.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'd almost put money on schenn being the number one.

Also after seeing his play with the big club this season I have a hard time not including Tanev in our top prospects maybe not in the top five but definitely a honourable mention.

My guess at the Canucks' top 5 prospects:

C Cody Hodgson
RW Sergei Shirokov
G Eddie Lack (although I have a hunch he'll be nowhere to be found on this list)
C Jordan Schroeder
D Kevin Connauton

Tanev has shown great things during his call-up but It's too late for him to be included in the magazine. Before he got called up he was nothing special, just a solid D-man going on about his business in Manitoba. Plus, he hasn't had any exposure like Hodgson or Schroeder has.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ottawa's top 5...

1. David Rundblad
2. Jared Cowen
3. Jakob Silfverberg
4. Robin Lehner
5. Patrick Wierchioch

I'm assuming that Butler is considered part of our roster at this point.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Jason Kay from THN just informed me that the on sale date for Future Watch this year is March 14th (about a week later than usual). Subscribers will receive it about a week earlier.

Those of us subscribers in the states always get ours a few days after it hit the newsstands for some reason...last year, I didn't get mine in NJ until 2 weeks after the release date..I called to complain and they sent out a second one. I got the first one two days later...

Not renewing this year..will just pick it up 2 days after the sale date at the local Barnes & Noble

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
:devils

1. Jon Merrill - D - Michigan (NCAA)
2. Alexander Urbom - D - Albany (AHL)
3. Adam Henrique - C - Albany (AHL)
4. Brandon Burlon - D - Michigan (NCAA)
5. Eric Gelinas - D - Saint John (QMJHL)

Assuming Josefson doesn't qualify for the survey.

Josefson will qualify as he's oly played a handful of NHL games and has been in Albany since he returned from injury. Don't know if Burlon is that high but I'd say that Henrique and Burlon a toss up for number 5. Gelinas 4, Urbom 3, Merrill 2, and Josefson 1.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Florida Panthers:
1. Jakob Markstrom
2. Erik Gudbranson
3. Keaton Ellerby
4. Nick Bjugstad
5. Quinton Howden

Had the best draft last year IMO. Howden and Bjugstad are the real deal. Gudbranson is having a down year but should also turn out to be an excellent dman. If not for contract dispute he would be on the big club already. The future looks good in Pantherville.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

1. Jacob Markstrom
2. Jake Allen
3. Braden Holtby
4. Mark Visentin
5. Martin Jones
6. Brad Thiessen
7. Darcy Kuemper
8. Calvin Pickard
9. Petr Mrazek
10. Sam Brittian

No Lehner in this list shows the ineptitude of THN once again.

He should be listed as #2 on the list...

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Chicago's pretty tough to pick. The top 4 could be in any order.

1. Jeremy Morin
2. Nick Leddy
3. Dylan Olsen
4. Kyle Beach
5. Kevin Hayes

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Islander Prospect List

:isles

1. Travis Hamonic - Playing in the NHL - Right now - And doing so at a superb level for a rookie with little D help. Also just plays the game *right.*
  2. Kevin Poulin - It's been brief, but he really looks like the goods. He's already played very well and you can just see the potential if he fully develops. And I really like his mental make-up for someone so young. Very encouraging.
  3. Calvin DeHann - Has reached that "overripe" phase of his junior career. Time to start his professional one.
  4. Nino Niederreiter - Showed some good flashes in his 9 NHL games. Been playing well at Portland, but hopefully not just because it's a stacked team. Still I have very high hopes for him...So mature for his ago that perhaps he's captain material.
  5. Matt Martin - Playing in the NHL and while not contributing offensively to his potential, doesn't look out of place. Better yet, plays a physical game that I don't see from any other Islander forward, which is so needed. I'm hoping the Isles don't screw him up, because I see a great 3rd line wing (and leader) here if he reaches his potential.
  6. Kirill Petrov - After getting traded and getting more ice time in the KHL, so much more was expected. But 6 goals in nearly 40 games is horrible. I really question his hockey smarts and desire, but you cannot doubt the potential. He ranks here because of that alone.
  7. Casey Cizikas - Early for him, but his showing at the WJC as a defensive forward was stellar. Nothing is a lock, but it would be shocking to me if he's not a regular future NHL'er.
  8. Anders Lee - What a freshman year at Notre Dame...And it's not over yet. People wondered if he could produce at the collegiate level and the answer is a resounding "YES!" Very encouraging and I'm personally very excited about his future.
  9. Brock Nelson - Still has a long way to go, but lots of good potential here. Lots of creativity and hockey smarts to him. Love his game and I think he's a gem in the making.
  10. Matt Donovan - Continuing a great career at Denver. Looks to be a solid D-man prospect who's almost ready to start his professional career.

Next in line:

Jason Gregoire
Anders Nilsson
Blake Kessel
Rhett Rakshani
David Ullström
Mikko Koskinen
Kirill Kabanov
Mark Katic
Aaron Ness
Shane Sims
Dustin Kohn