The "Hey, there's some good stuff this season too!" thread

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
We've had moments of shutdown defense this year. The first Philly game comes to mind.

Our stars are producing at a more than adequate level. Crosby tied for the league lead in points. Neal tied in goals. Malkin still over a PPG and might be heating up.

We finally got some secondary scoring last night with goals from Kennedy and Sutter.

Paul Martin's game looks to be revamped.

We've had good games at times from both goalies.

Just need to put it all together. I fail to understand the doomsday attitude from some.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
My two big ones are:

Hockey is back!

Sid is playing like he never missed a beat. I think/hope we can put his injuries in the past.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Your fetishes are getting out of control. First Christian Bale, now sleeping, unsuspecting Pandas. :shakehead

'Tis not a fetish, but a help in the darkness. 'Tis our saviour, the bringer of the word of Joe.

Do not fear the warmth of the Red Panda, KIRK.

(and yes, pandas are good)

red_panda_wink.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
'Tis not a fetish, but a help in the darkness. 'Tis our saviour, the bringer of the word of Joe.

Do not fear the warmth of the Red Panda, KIRK.

(and yes, pandas are good)

red_panda_wink.jpg

That picture is epic . . . :laugh:

I would have never thought that, either. Huge huge huge huge huge props to Paul for living up to his word (so far).

I hope to see Martin take a great leap forward in the playoffs too. Then, even i will be a believer.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Martin and Adams have been earning their roster spots.

Bennett has finally been called up and is showing some glimmers of possible potential.

Crosby is getting back into his groove and looks great out there.

We have an upgrade in net from Johnson to Vokoun.

Our defensive core has looked solider than it has since our 09 run, which was our main concern this last playoff season.

We are all freaking healthy!!!! I mean seriously. When is the last time this was true?

Rangers and Flyers are currently seeded 8th and 10th respectfully, while we are in 4th and only 2 points outside of 1st.

Good vibes, good vibes.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How am I the first to mention we are all better people for receiving daily blessings from Pope Joe I?

Oh, and we all put our shirts back on.

Uh, that would be Pope Joe.

Not Pope Joe I, because no mortal would dare think himself fit to be considered the second. ;)

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Martin seriously playing like a Norris candidate (thanks Cooke!)

How much would the Sens hate us if Martin got the Norris this year? Or even Letang for that matter. I seriously think their board would explode.

- 4 players in the top 20 in league scoring, including Crosby who's tied for the league lead in points and Neal who's tied for the league lead in goals

The only team close is TBL who have 3 in the top 4 and have 4 in the top 30 (same as Pens). No other team (including all the ones in the east) have more than 2 in the top 20. Flyers only have 1 in the top 20 and the Rangers have a whopping 0 in the top 30 :nod:.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Instead of having a season lost to the lockout, I get to watch in-their-primes Crosby, Malkin, Neal, and Letang play every 2-3 days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad