The "Hey, there's some good stuff this season too!" thread

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Lots of negative vibes on the board - let's try to appreciate some of the positives here. We have it better than most fans around the league.

- 1 point out of the conference lead

- 4 players in the top 20 in league scoring, including Crosby who's tied for the league lead in points and Neal who's tied for the league lead in goals

- Letang and Martin are tied for 3rd most points among defensemen (!)

- our defense has rebounded, to the point that our biggest blueline complaint is which effective defenseman is getting scratched

- rookies Bennett, Despres, and Bortuzzo all looking good

- everybody's finally healthy (knock on wood)

Not too shabby.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Lots of negative vibes on the board - let's try to appreciate some of the positives here. We have it better than most fans around the league.

- 1 point out of the conference lead

- 4 players in the top 20 in league scoring, including Crosby who's tied for the league lead in points and Neal who's tied for the league lead in goals

- Letang and Martin are tied for 3rd most points among defensemen (!)

- our defense has rebounded, to the point that our biggest blueline complaint is which effective defenseman is getting scratched

- rookies Bennett, Despres, and Bortuzzo all looking good

- everybody's finally healthy (knock on wood)

Not too shabby.

All good points :handclap:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
None of which matters when they don't have what it takes to get out of the first round.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
None of which matters when they don't have what it takes to get out of the first round.

Let it be noted for the record that I was NOT the first person to post this in the thread. But, consider my reply being the second. :D

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Comes down to us not winning the cup since 09 after we thought we would have at least 2 by now. Everybody knows how good we have it...how lucky we are. In turn, that makes us a bit spoiled and expectations are high. More cups!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Let it be noted for the record that I was NOT the first person to post this in the thread. But, consider my reply being the second. :D

duffless6_thumb.png

"I cast thee out!"

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
WTF, I thought you would've been proud of me for not being the first one to poop on your positivity party. And to think that I thought that I'd come so far in just a few short days . . .:cry:

Still love ya buddy, even after you've picked up the Super Reverse Homer mantle. ;)

Nothing matters 'til the playoffs, yadda yadda. This is a thread for enjoying the regular season ride. Your mileage may vary.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Still love ya buddy, even after you've picked up the Super Reverse Homer mantle. ;)

Nothing matters 'til the playoffs, yadda yadda. This is a thread for enjoying the regular season ride. Your mileage may vary.

Well, that explains things. I've got a flat. :(

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
only thing i really care about regular season-wise is seeing crosby healthy and successful.

tis truly glorious to see his face on the stats page of nhl.com leading the league in assists. hopefully points soon too. knock on wood.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If I drive out to give you a spare, are you going to stomp on my foot and push me into oncoming traffic? :laugh:

Would being under the influence of a reddish colored drink serve as a mitigating circumstance in my criminal trial? :booboo:

BTW, yes, there's some nice things about this season like the things you cited and frankly that hockey is back at all should be included.

Maybe that wheel needs a wing on it. :p:

I see what you did there . . . :(

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Would being under the influence of a reddish colored drink serve as a mitigating circumstance in my criminal trial? :booboo:

BTW, yes, there's some nice things about this season like the things you cited and frankly that hockey is back at all should be included.

Good to hear. There are some issues to be worked out (and disagreed on), but we can still appreciate the things the Pens are doing well. There's more than a few.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Good to hear. There are some issues to be worked out (and disagreed on), but we can still appreciate the things the Pens are doing well. There's more than a few.

To work out or to agree upon? :D

BTW, on a side note, as I said to MTLPenFan, that Lindy Ruff thread is just surreal. I was saying the same things about the coaching 27 months ago that I am now . . . :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
only thing i really care about regular season-wise is seeing crosby healthy and successful.

tis truly glorious to see his face on the stats page of nhl.com leading the league in assists. hopefully points soon too. knock on wood.

That is huge. Definitely the #1 concern coming into this year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
To work out or to agree upon? :D

BTW, on a side note, as I said to MTLPenFan, that Lindy Ruff thread is just surreal. I was saying the same things about the coaching 27 months ago that I am now . . . :laugh:

I'll take your word for it. I need to take a break from the coaching-related threads to maintain my enjoyment of the site, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad