The helmets and equipment they're using in the NHL right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

formsoldier*

I'm getting quite annoyed with the "M" (Mission) helmets that's basically a rip from the Itech helmets that I see everywhere in the league. With a small change but it's really the same shape on the outside.

The OLD classic CCM's are hardly used anymore :( ..the newer version of those CCM's are ok though.

I've noticed not one single player is wearing the Bauer 4400 or Nike helmet on the Penguins team. (basically the same just with Nike logo) ... (maybe that's why we're struggling :sarcasm: ).

Me personally I think those are the best and they're light, have a good fit and they're "good-looking" too ... all the handsome players in the league wears them! Coincidence? We need a fashion police for some teams in the league. Like Don Cherry, edition 2: helmets!

I've thought about this for a long time now and I've always wanted to start a thread about it but I've just felt it's too stupid, but I couldn't stand it anymore :D.

Nobody wears those nice Itechs anymore, only a few are still faithful to them... I've seen Steve Staios wearing it consistently and at times even Wade Brookbank. Bertuzzi and St. Louis who were sooooo Itechish helmet:ish ... have also switched (traitors!)

And the majority of those who wear "M" helmet right now are the ones who used Itech.

BOOO!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
and if I am Mission, Bauer or CCM/RBK, I want my players wearing the $150+ Helmets rather than the lower end models. It could be worse, they could all be wearing the Nike Quest and Mission Carbster helmets.

formsoldier*

GLU said:
You do know that Mission and Itech merged, right? That's why the helmets look very similar.

lol, no, I did not know that.

Damn.

I just lost all hope.

I don't like the Rebook helmets too much either.

The new CCM's, Bauer 5500, Bauer 4400, Nike (the one Naslund, Iginla and Sakic wears, the one that's basically Bauer 4400) + the good ol' Itech helmets should be what players wear.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
the new CCM's are fugly....and they sit way up on the head I find....I do however really like the look of the RBK's, and Mission and Itech are one in the same now...and I still like the look of those Mission/itech helmets

formsoldier*

Sock said:
Semirelated to the topic; What's with all the Reebok ****? Sweaters, goalie gear, and sticks? When did Reebok start making hockey gear?

I think it was an effort to bring in something fresh into the game with the lockout and all.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Sock said:
Semirelated to the topic; What's with all the Reebok ****? Sweaters, goalie gear, and sticks? When did Reebok start making hockey gear?

Reebok bought out CCM/Koho/Jofa (all one company) and took over the company's exclusive jersey contract with the NHL and rebranded a lot of equipment as Rbk equipment. They still sell the other brands obviously but I believe most of the Rbk equipment is almost identical to some piece of CCM or Koho or Jofa equipment. Although the helmets seem to be unique.

IkeaMonkey*

Canadian Chris said:
And didn't Addidas buy Reebok?

Yes.

And New Balance bought Warrior who bought Inno.

Gonna be a shoe war in hockey soon.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
i for one miss the old Cooper and JOFA helmets from the Oilers heydey...

:(

pf1522.jpg

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
formsoldier said:
I'm getting quite annoyed with the "M" (Mission) helmets that's basically a rip from the Itech helmets that I see everywhere in the league. With a small change but it's really the same shape on the outside.

The OLD classic CCM's are hardly used anymore :( ..the newer version of those CCM's are ok though.

I've noticed not one single player is wearing the Bauer 4400 or Nike helmet on the Penguins team. (basically the same just with Nike logo) ... (maybe that's why we're struggling :sarcasm: ).

Me personally I think those are the best and they're light, have a good fit and they're "good-looking" too ... all the handsome players in the league wears them! Coincidence? We need a fashion police for some teams in the league. Like Don Cherry, edition 2: helmets!

I've thought about this for a long time now and I've always wanted to start a thread about it but I've just felt it's too stupid, but I couldn't stand it anymore :D.

Nobody wears those nice Itechs anymore, only a few are still faithful to them... I've seen Steve Staios wearing it consistently and at times even Wade Brookbank. Bertuzzi and St. Louis who were sooooo Itechish helmet:ish ... have also switched (traitors!)

And the majority of those who wear "M" helmet right now are the ones who used Itech.

BOOO!

exactly the same for me :D

formsoldier*

Also, another question, OT: some players have their ripped in the inside of the thighs on their pants, when they play... to loosen it up around the knee, around the thigh.

That's intentional, right? Because I can't imagine a situation where it would just rip up without using something sharp.

Thornton had it in his last game... I think Wellwood does that too...

Do any of you do that? If yes, why?

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
formsoldier said:
Also, another question, OT: some players have their ripped in the inside of the thighs on their pants, when they play... to loosen it up around the knee, around the thigh.

That's intentional, right? Because I can't imagine a situation where it would just rip up without using something sharp.

Thornton had it in his last game... I think Wellwood does that too...

Do any of you do that? If yes, why?

It's not ripped. All higher end pants (and even most mid-low end pants these days) have a zipper so that you can put your pants on last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad