Post-Game Talk: The Habs Didn't Lose a Second Game in a Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Haven't been following but any new news on what Toffoli's injury really is? I hope it isn't what Norman Flynn said what he "heard" it was.

No idea other than it being a LBI.

I don't know what Flynn said.

Reactions: Holystik

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I rarely visit the Oilers board but it was mentioned in the GDT here that Oiler fans were angry this game got postponed so I went to take a look. My mistake. It certainly made for some eye opening reading with some of the stuff that got posted there and have now since been deleted.

Your post got me to check it out. They had an elaborate GDT that has turned into 26 pages and counting. Only read through the first 4 pages, didn't see anything particularly noteworthy so I guess they really cleaned up if it used to be eye opening. I'm sure it's nothing we haven't seen before.

I usually don't even bother with other fan base GDTs -- we have plenty to keep us busy in this forum as it is.

Reactions: sheed36

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
He said he "heard" that Toffoli got cut in the Achilles tendon area like what happened to Karlsson but then said he hopes that isn't the case here so he's only going on what he "heard" and not what he really knows it seems.

Should we send the cops out to find Matt Cook, just in case??...:laugh:

Reactions: sheed36

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He said he "heard" that Toffoli got cut in the Achilles tendon area like what happened to Karlsson but then said he hopes that isn't the case here so he's only going on what he "heard" and not what he really knows it seems.

Ironic that this rumor comes from someone who is an Achilles heel of the hockey world.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
You also don't want to make him angry

OIP.eK0kQcBxUs27wcw_1_LkGwHaHa
09612583a4e3875ae94ba68f49b94269.jpg

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I rarely visit the Oilers board but it was mentioned in the GDT here that Oiler fans were angry this game got postponed so I went to take a look. My mistake. It certainly made for some eye opening reading with some of the stuff that got posted there and have now since been deleted.

There were some extremely inappropriate comments, no doubt. Being someone from Alberta, please don't paint us all with the same brush. Those comments don't reflect who Alberta is.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Your post got me to check it out. They had an elaborate GDT that has turned into 26 pages and counting. Only read through the first 4 pages, didn't see anything particularly noteworthy so I guess they really cleaned up if it used to be eye opening. I'm sure it's nothing we haven't seen before.

I usually don't even bother with other fan base GDTs -- we have plenty to keep us busy in this forum as it is.

I didn't start reading the thread until after the game got postponed so I didn't read from the beginning but yes the thread got cleaned up after.

Reactions: Runner77

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
A couple players out and it already shows you how shit our depth is... which was supposed to be our strength apparently...

Reactions: widowmaker

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
The Habs haven't scored a single goal yet haven't lost! Amazing!
Flawless Julien victory!

About the game that was postponed, what have the affected teams in the other divisions done so far? I feel like most of those catch-up games are not even planned yet. Feeling more and more of a %-based standings to end the season especially now that the North division is missing games, too.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We're still tied for the 6th least number of regulation (i.e. 5 on 5) losses in the league - the fewest in our division.

That's a positive to counterbalance our negative 3 on 3 and shootout record.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
A couple players out and it already shows you how shit our depth is... which was supposed to be our strength apparently...

Our 11th - 14th forwards this year are Byron, Lehkonen, Perry and Frolik, after them we could call up AHL tweeners like Weal, Belzile, Blandisi, Dauphin, Vejdemo or younger guys like Poehling or Ylonen if needed.

After having guys like Weal, Weise, Hudon and Belzile needing to be regular players in our lineup in the playoffs, I would say our depth is pretty solid this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We should thank the Sens, as well, for beating Calgary in regulation last night.

Habs now have a 4-point lead on Calgary and have 2 games in hand on them, too.

Jets also beat the Canucks last night in regulation. Jets move 3 points ahead (Habs have a game in hand since they didn't play last night). And as a result, the Canucks remain 2 points behind the Habs. But Montreal has 5 games in hand on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia