GDT: "The H-Team" | Carolina Hurricanes @ Montreal Canadiens | Bell Centre | 7:30 PM

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The difference is those organizations have had some success on the PP recently (as in, the past couple years). The Canes have not.

The PP has been an obvious issue for years and years. And each year, the organization claims they've got the solution. And each year, we're 20th or worse.

Real accountability from the fanbase would do this organization wonders.

We're blaming the fans for the bad PP? I call bull****.

Pressure markets in the bottom 10 of PP%:

2013: Vancouver, Buffalo, Winnipeg, Rangers, Boston, Detroit. 'Canes are 28th
2011-2012: Montreal, Minnesota, Chicago, Rangers, Detroit. Carolina is 20th.
2010-2011: Pittsburgh, Boston. 'Canes are 24th.
2009-2010: Toronto, Calgary, Boston, Ottawa. Carolina is 22nd.
2008-2009:Rangers, Edmonton, Calgary, Pittsburgh. Carolina is 18th.
2007-2008: Rangers, Edmonton. Carolina is 8th.
2006-2007: Philadelphia, Edmonton, Washington, Detroit, Vancouver. Carolina is 24th.

Point is, how the **** would "fan accountability" fix this powerplay? The implication that JR and Peter Karmanos either enjoy watching our Power Play unit do windsprints for 2 minutes or are not hockey savvy enough to reallize that the PP is a problem is absurd. It's ridiculous.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
And it seems that Bellemore is going through what Wallace did. Because he actually hits people, and makes those hits hurt, we think he's better.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
It's not a matter of being better. It's a matter of being a hockey player. This isn't touch football, although you'd never know it watching certain players.

Edit: I'm not saying you have to grind even, but when you gotta take the body, TAKE THE BODY.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
It's pretty obvious McBain is most likely never going to work out here for whatever reason. I know I wasn't a believer in Bellemore after his first game, but I'd definitely rather play him and try to salvage whatever we can out of McBain at the deadline.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
And it seems that Bellemore is going through what Wallace did. Because he actually hits people, and makes those hits hurt, we think he's better.

Uh no. Try watching him play. He's right-on positionally and heads up. He's also faster than he looks. His hitting means he's not one-dimensional, and he's not taking himself out of the playy to do it. He's also winning his puck battles.

This is game 5 for him and he's not been invisible, and not because he's screwed up.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
19 shots with as many powerplays as they had is also unacceptable. Offensively, they didn't get it done. Credit to Montreal for being suffocating defensively, but Carolina killed themselves tonight

smi

Jun 14, 2011
It's scary that we're waiting for Dan "the rebound machine" Ellis to come back and win games for us.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Uh no. Try watching him play. He's right-on positionally and heads up. He's also faster than he looks. His hitting means he's not one-dimensional, and he's not taking himself out of the playy to do it. He's also winning his puck battles.

This is game 5 for him and he's not been invisible, and not because he's screwed up.

I've also noticed him turn the puck over multiple times today. He's certainly not slow, but the quickness of the Montreal Canadiens was a problem.

I'm responding to the general board sentiment that, because we got 5 games from a defenseman who actually hits people, McBain is expendable.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
Not getting the McBain hate. Besides one lame shot to the chest, he hasn't done anything exceptionally wrong.

Here's the way I see it.

He's by no means a stalwart defender.

This is acceptable if you are either tough to play against or putting numbers on the stat sheet. McBain is doing neither. Basically a good defenseman does is at least 2/3 for Defense/Physicality/Scoring. McBain is 0/3 right now, has been for the most part all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad