GDT: "The H-Team" | Carolina Hurricanes @ Montreal Canadiens | Bell Centre | 7:30 PM

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Airplane.jpg

Ten weeks ago, a crack hockey team was Shanabanned by a Player Safety Panel for a penalty they didn't commit.

Raleigh.jpg

These men promptly escaped from a maximum security penalty box to the Raleigh underground. Today, still wanted by the NHL, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if they're interested in playing that night....maybe you can watch the H-Team

TheHTeamTitle.jpg

Hannistaal.jpg

Eric Staal as
John "Manlius" Steel

Chinman.jpg

Jordan Staal as
Jordanton "Chinman" Gronk

Blamey.jpg

Jeff Skinner as
Blamey

Murrose.jpg

Chad LaRose as
S.H. "Smilin' Happy" MurRose

DWI.jpg

Mr. G as
D.W. Imdrunkus

Also featuring:

stormchaser1.jpg

The H-Team Van

Coached by
Kirk Muller

Created by
Jim Rutherford

Owned by
Peter Karmanos

Capture.jpg

Le Match de Cons

Carolina Hurricanes (The H-Team)

Tlusty-E. Staal (C/HGIC)-Semin
Bowman-J. Staal(A)-Dwyer
Skinner-Nash-Jokinen
LaRose-Brent-Westgarth/Hall

Gleason(A)-Corvo
Pitkanen-McBain
Harrison-Bellemore

Peters
Ellis

Montreal Canadiens (The Olé Team)

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta(C)
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust
Moen-Halpern-Armstrong

Markov(A)-Emelin
Subban-Gorges(A)
Beaulieu-Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Game Notes
Today is Jussi Jokinen's 30th birthday

This will be Carey Price's 300th career game

Last edited:

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Why do I keep reading "Chinman" and "Chinaman"? :shakehead

And why does Lead Goose look like he's 16?

Oh, tonight, a 3-1 loss. Back down to earth.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think we kind of got out of our funk on Saturday, I think we're officially "back," or as "back" as we can be without Faulk and Ward.

That being said, this Habs team is very good. Close game but a loss, hopefully we can get it to OT and get the point.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Solid GDT effort...nice compete level.

Is the Jared Staal thing an inside joke that I missed?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Obviously, no word on Ruutu. But the preview write up for the game doesn't mention him in the injury report. I'm hoping they took him out Saturday as a precautionary measure and that he's back tonight. He has 3 assists in 2 games and some big hits as well. This team needs the spark he can potentially bring to a game right now.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Mental mistakes are easily forgiven, so long as you hustle, produce, are strong on your skates, or have a nice smile....and then still probably not.

LadyCane

Mar 4, 2012
da UP
I have some sort of dinner thing for the bio honors fraternity tonight, so I may not get to watch.

That said, I didn't watch the last one either, and they decided to win while I wasn't paying attention, soooooooooo...

caniac315

Nov 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Montreal is good. My biggest concern is playing them tonight and then turning around and playing the Craps tomorrow night. And with Justin Peters in net. I'd be over the top if we could win both these games, but realistically, I think I'd be happy with 2 points. We can't afford to let Washington jump us in the standings.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
The H-Team: Because There Is No Plan B.

The WPG game the other night was a breath of fresh air. Monkey off the back. I'm sick with a terrible cold and out of cliches.

Win or lose, I think we're in this game, but we should have flown Spacek in just for good luck.

Oh, and this I guess:

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes
Google translate coming in super handy this morning. All reports from Montreal indicate Ruutu skated solo this morning, but not on ice now.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Per Arpon Basu (manging editor of the Francophone NHL site), Ellis is backing up Peters tonight. Edited to include lines and Ellis in rather than Muse.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Does Chip Alexander not have a work visa or something? I don't think he's been with the team in Canada at all this year. Never really paid attention in the past, just struck me as odd.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Does Chip Alexander not have a work visa or something? I don't think he's been with the team in Canada at all this year. Never really paid attention in the past, just struck me as odd.

My guess would be no - beyond that I doubt the N&O has the financial wherewithal to allow him to travel with the team - or if they do it's not a high enough priority to them to warrant paying for travel, lodging, and per diem.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
My guess would be no - beyond that I doubt the N&O has the financial wherewithal to allow him to travel with the team - or if they do it's not a high enough priority to them to warrant paying for travel, lodging, and per diem.

I thought the N&O was one of the few newspapers that wasn't going completely down the tube?

But I doubt that Chip alone would want to follow the team anywhere, let alone his superiors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad