The Great Wyatt Kalynuk Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 8)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Looks like Domi has finally found a home in Toronto, which is fitting.

I like his game, (other than a tendency to pass first). Personally, I wish circumstances were different when he was here and he could have stayed in Chicago. I will be very interested to see if he (once again) rises to the occasion in the playoffs.
Once again? He has 6 playoff goals in 43GP

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Scoring is up but Panarin's offically surpassed Kane's career high for points in a season. Hopefully he has a nice productive long playoff run this year, he's so easy to root for

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Scoring is up but Panarin's offically surpassed Kane's career high for points in a season. Hopefully he has a nice productive long playoff run this year, he's so easy to root for
Remember all the idiots that were like, Panarin is just a product of Kane! He's a 50 point player without him! Yeah. Good shit.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
That was like everybody. Go look at the Panarin for Saad trade.
Last year we didn't know what the story was. Was Kane carrying Panarin? Could he generate by himself? Kane had a career year last year with him.. now this season, you truly see the dominance of Panarin. He is special. There is no "losing" Panarin in my opinion. You sign him to the deal you can get him signed to and you go from there. He hasn't even figured out the NHL completely.
Now I may or may not have said that we should keep Darling and get rid of CC to keep Panarin but we'll ignore that part.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Wasn’t sure where to put this so I’ll put it here. First time Quenneville has spoken since the Kyle Beach situation happened. Interview starts at 1:16:00

Reactions: Malaka

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Hagel with assists #47 and #48 tonight
Honestly, awesome to see Hags do so well. Kid works his ass off every shift and does the dirty work while being able to gel with highly skilled players. Really happy that he is seeing success and got a nice bag of money for life.

Hard to argue that it isn't still a win-win for us and Tampa. He stays, it can alter the Bedard outcome, and we don't have Moore to show for it, plus whoever we grab with our second 1st round pick this year. Was a shame to lose a guy like him but it just made sense given the price Tampa was willing to pay.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Today is Rangers final game

Panarin has a goal which is #49

He has 10 minutes to try and score #50 or he will end season just short

-- Panarin falls just short --

Last edited:

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I don't know about that. He may love Toronto, and they might like him, but they are going to have to make some tough cap decisions this summer now that Willie is making $11.5m per.
We’ll see how Marner fares in the playoffs

His lifecycle seems to be

1. Do really well in the regular season
2. Underperform in the playoffs
3. Fans go apeshit
4. He is good again in the regular season.

Does his game just not translate well to the harder hitting, less special teams focused postseason? Or does he not excel at the matchup game in a long series?

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Well, I can't help but appreciate a little irony in Kane signing with the Wings and they miss the playoffs even though he put up many a good moments.

Oh darn. Still, hockey is better with him in the postseason than out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad