The Great Wyatt Kalynuk Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 8)

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
FYI both Taylor Raddysh and Boris Katchouk have played more games with the Blackhawks then Brandon Hagel…

TRaddysh 144gp 31g 26a 57pts
BKatchouk 110gp 11g 15a 26pts

BHagel 108gp 30g 31a 61pts

Yup

• Wow
Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Jokiharju is on a hot streak over his last 5 games.

1G 3A, averaging over 23min a game, +7

Could have finally found his game, I haven't seen him play so can't really say.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Alex Nylander traded to Columbus for Bemstrom. Another Stanley masterclass trading Jokiharju for Nylander yet this was a rare instance where this was bad from the start.

Side note it’s wild how we all thought Jokiharju, Boqvist, Beaudin, and Mitchell would be our future top 4 back in 2019. Too much koolaid can be dangerous

Last edited:
Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Alex Nylander traded to Columbus for Bemstrom. Another Stanley masterclass trading Jokiharju for Nylander yet this was a rare instance where this was bad from the start.

Side note it’s wild how we all thought Jokiharju, Boqvist, Beaudin, and Mitchell would be our future top 4 back in 2019. Too much koolaid can be dangerous
actually what happened was Chicago hosted the 2017 NHL Entry Draft, coming off a 109pt season in which they had just lost 4 straight to Nashville in a HUGE upset in round one…having the 26th pick they traded down to 29th with Dallas along with a 3rd rounder…

So the trade tree actually looks like this…

Chicago traded 26th(JAKE OETTINGER) to Dallas for 29th(Jokiharju) and a 3rd round pick(Andrei Altybarmakayan) remember him?

Then Chicago traded Jokiharju to Buffalo for Nylander

Nylander was traded to Pittsburgh for Sam Lafferty

Lafferty was packaged with Jake McCabe and two cond. 5ths to Toronto for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev(bought out), cond. 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder

Oettinger became Jokiharju became Nylander became Lafferty becomes a 2nd…

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Still hope for Joker and Boqvist. Both have been pretty decent this year, and both are still young.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
If we had a team president worth a damn in 2017 he would have told Stan and the rest of the brass to be calm and not make irrational decisions. The team ended the season on a losing skid and ran into a red hot Nashville that made the cup final.

Instead Bowman completely lost it and completely slammed the door shut on Blackhawks core ever contending again.
I am as much to blame.

I thought Stan was playing chess but instead he was just grasping at straws.

Reactions: Pez68

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
If we had a team president worth a damn in 2017 he would have told Stan and the rest of the brass to be calm and not make irrational decisions. The team ended the season on a losing skid and ran into a red hot Nashville that made the cup final.

Instead Bowman completely lost it and completely slammed the door shut on Blackhawks core ever contending again.
I am as much to blame.

I thought Stan was playing chess but instead he was just grasping at straws.

Panarin for Saad never made sense.

The argument at the time was cost control when they were both signed for two years at 6 million per...sigh.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Panarin for Saad never made sense.

The argument at the time was cost control when they were both signed for two years at 6 million per...sigh.
The argument at the time was to get more of a two way player, but everyone overrated Saad from the minute he was traded for Anisimov.

Saad never progressed as a player, and Panarin became a star.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
You could even say that Saad regressed during his 2nd go around.

His first game back he scored a hatty against Pittsburgh and six goals in the first six games of the season, then just 12 in the next 76...oof.

Such a poor trade and knee jerk reaction.

A lineup with Kane, Panarin and Cat would have been sweeeet especially with how meh the West was at that point.

Oh well.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Was letting Strome walk a mistake in hindsight?

Musto answers not allowed.

Also on the other topic; trading Panarin after you just signed him to an extremely fair 6x2 was one of the dumbest moves Stan ever made.

We could have kept both Panarin and Seabrook's awful deal. They just thought that Toews needed a linemate and Kane could play with anyone.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Musto answers not allowed.

Also on the other topic; trading Panarin after you just signed him to an extremely fair 6x2 was one of the dumbest moves Stan ever made.

We could have kept both Panarin and Seabrook's awful deal. They just thought that Toews needed a linemate and Kane could play with anyone.
Why would it be a mistake?

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
maybe you could make an argument, but i don't see it. the numbers he's put up with washington aren't very different from what he was doing here except he's getting more assists centering alexander ovechkin than patrick kane. it's kind of crazy considering who he's played with and how much he's paid that his highest season point total is 65.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
A big player who plays small, is hardly ever involved defensively and who can't keep up is the last thing the Hawks young players need to see or play with. Only thing Strome would've definitely helped with on this team is on the PP.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Strome is a Professional Bad Team Scorer. Washington is content to shoot for the middle in the last couple years of Ovechkin, so it's a good enough fit for him. I wouldn't want the Hawks committed to him until 2028. It obviously wasn't A+ Asset Management but if there wasn't a trade to be had in '22, I don't know if there would have been on a 1-year deal in '23 either. I don't view him as "one that got away".

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Never said it was a mistake btw. Was just wondering on the consensus. On one hand, I don't think it was very good asset management to let him walk. On the other hand I don't think he's a winning player.

He's definitely a bad team scorer but he's also putting up 50-60 points a year and we just let him walk. That is, by definition, bad asset management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad