GDT: The Great Wall of Theo - Panthers at Caps 2/9/13 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
I know I'm going to get sh$t on but i think they should have sent Huby back to junior. We are going no where in this short season and saving a year on his contract and being a very cheap team would have been the smartest thing to do.
Also, what has Shore actually done. Nothing. 2 assist in 10 games. Send him down. Save his confidence for next year.
This team is not going to benefit by having these guys up.
We are still establishing our selves. Let the rentals grind it out and safe the young guys the pain.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I know I'm going to get sh$t on but i think they should have sent Huby back to junior. We are going no where in this short season and saving a year on his contract and being a very cheap team would have been the smartest thing to do.
Also, what has Shore actually done. Nothing. 2 assist in 10 games. Send him down. Save his confidence for next year.
This team is not going to benefit by having these guys up.
We are still establishing our selves. Let the rentals grind it out and safe the young guys the pain.

Disagree on both points. Huberdeau has nothing to prove back in juniors. He needs to start playing with the big boys for his development. Sending him down would do no good. As for Shore, his points won't show it but he's been one of the better players out there since he's been called up. He's creating chances and winning faceoffs. No way he goes back down either.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
You completely miss my point. I am not saying there is anything wrong with there game. I am talking about the business of hockey. Take a second and think about it. Please.
Huby if was sent back to junior would safe the panthers a year on his entry level contract. Given the fact that we are a very cheap team then the panthers would be better off with saving that year.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
As for Shore. Have we gained anything by having him in the lineup. NO!
Keep him in the AHL. Save him the pain of this crap and let him continue to improve.
All these moves are not inline with what Tallon has preached as far as developing players.
Just think about it before responding with your emotional response.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Huby has 6 pts. in his first 11 NHL games, and that has been on an erratic and injury-plagued team. He's an NHL player. I would hope we would never be bush league enough to send him down because we wanted to save a year on his ELC, and he would be pissed at the org. if we did that. It's also good that he gets experience this season, so he's an even better player for next season.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
As for Shore. Have we gained anything by having him in the lineup. NO!Keep him in the AHL. Save him the pain of this crap and let him continue to improve.
All these moves are not inline with what Tallon has preached as far as developing players.

I would say Shore's play is one of the biggest reasons we aren't last in the league right now.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Emotional responses. Not business responses. The NHL is a business. You have to look at the future not the present.

Erick*

We absolutely have, yes.

As for Huberdeau, it's a moot point now. Regardless, he seems fine to me overall and there comes a point in time when keeping him in juniors does nothing for his development because he's already accomplished everything there.

Becoming the Marlins doesn't make players want to stay with an organization and I say that as a diehard Marlins fan, as well. There comes a point in time when even the player, himself, knows he belongs in the NHL, and you could make a case it would've hurt his confidence to send him back especially after playing 5 games here already.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
keeping shore and huby up is the right move.

these two are future leaders of this team. Especially Shore. They both play very well. Huby will be streaky this season. Give it time. If we finish low and get a top ten thats good for us.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Emotional responses. Not business responses. The NHL is a business. You have to look at the future not the present.

You can't treat your players strictly like it's a business, that's how you build bad blood. Sending Huby down would have been bush league. Plain and simple. Also, GMs want to win. Tallon isn't worried about Huby's ELC expiring in 3 years. Huby in this lineup makes it better.

Tallon has done nothing wrong as far as Shore's development is concerned. He played 3 years in college, and half a season in the AHL. He was sent down when we started getting bodies back from injury, but when Upshall went down he was recalled, and has been too good to send back. He is proving he's an NHL player right now.

Having these kids up doesn't hurt them. We may not make the playoffs, but I don't think we will be last in the league either. It's good for the future that they get some experience now. Do you want to bring all our kids up in the same year, without barely any experience? How good do you think we will be then? Not very.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Keep him in the AHL. Save him the pain of this crap and let him continue to improve.

you're the one who's being emotional.

we're 3-1-1 in our last 5 games and you want us to send down the guy who has been our second best player (shore) and a guy who seems to be improving slowly but surely (huberdeau)?

because we got spanked in one game?

kind of hypocritical.

shore may only have 2 assists in 3 games but he's been a hell of a player. everyone here seems to be hell-bent on statistics, watch the games and use your own eyes. shore does all the little things you want, wins board battles, is always in position defensively and uses his teammates correctly. there's a reason why his line usually seems to be playing in the offensive zone.

he's snake-bitten, no doubt, but the chances are coming every single game for him and they're going to go in eventually and it will be even yet another reason to keep him up.

Last edited:

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Remember in 2 to 3 years when your critizing these players remember what you said here.

Tallon talks about not ruining players by rushing them into the league. Well I don't think he has followed his own rule.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
I think the question is worthy of conversation. No need to call this person names because they give an opinion.

But personally, its hard to see what Hubs could gain from Majors, and Shore has shown enough to justify keeping him up. He was already an all-star in the A, no harm in continuing to push him.

Erick*

Remember in 2 to 3 years when your critizing these players remember what you said here.

Tallon talks about not ruining players by rushing them into the league. Well I don't think he has followed his own rule.

How are they being rushed? They're NHL caliber players so they're playing in the NHL.

I mean, c'mon, do you really believe your answer to that question you asked? If you don't think Shore has made this a better team, I'm not sure what games you're watching. He's our most noticeable forward most nights.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

You know what would happen if Hubs went back down to the Q? He would just destroy the league in points. He would also be right pissed off at the organization for not letting him stick and we would have next to 0% chance of resigning him once he can leave, if he didn't ask for a trade. Not to mention all the dumbasses that would be going around the Q, head-hunting Hubs just because its the only way their team would win.

Shore the time was now to come up. He has fully proved he belongs with this team, no buts about it. Its not going to ruin him that we have lost tonight, come on! If anything it should make a player tougher mentally because no one likes losing.

Sometimes in life you have to pull up your big-boy pants and be a man.

IMO your points make absolutley no sense. YOU are really the one being emotional! :shakehead

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Skille and Matthias were our best forwards in the 1st 5 games. What did that do for the team.

Shore has not been good in the last 2 games. Huby has been a non factor in the last 2 games.

You guys have the rose colored glasses on.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
everyone is still in the playoff mix, and its still early regardless of the shortened season, hopefully we'll beat them on sunday but the sky isnt falling down just yet, we have some time to go, a loss is a loss whether its 0-1, 1-2, or 0-5, we were 2-1-1 on this road trip and got 7 of 8 pts prior to this game, lets not freak out just yet.

Erick*

Skille and Matthias were our best forwards in the 1st 5 games. What did that do for the team.

Shore has not been good in the last 2 games. Huby has been a non factor in the last 2 games.

I'm not sure what this means.

Should we just not play anybody and forfeit every game? :help:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I cannot believe this damn team. We have a great road trip and this is how we end it? I knew from the moment the puck dropped it would be one of these games.

Leave it to us to get one of our divisional rivals going again. I thought their goalies sucked and their offence was terrible? Seriously we are the streak breakers. Losing streaks.

I'm so ****ing pissed off right now I don't even know what to say. I'm glad I didn't have to watch the entire piece of crap "game" we played.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

And you have whatever the opposite of rose colored glasses on. You talk of us having emotional responses while you are only bringing this up because we got spanked tonight. Huberdeau and Shore need experience playing in the NHL eventually anyway. They aren't being rushed and our season isn't anywhere near to being over yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad