Value of: The Great Shea Weber

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Didn’t people say the Habs got robbed when they traded the “great” Subban?
I think MB only lost 1 of the 3 of the big trades. Domi was an easy winner. Weber winner. Probably lost the Sergachev trade.
Not bad considering many thought he got robbed on all three at the time

Reactions: TatTar and HabsQC

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I think MB only lost 1 of the 3 of the big trades. Domi was an easy winner. Weber winner. Probably lost the Sergachev trade.

Right now i disagree. But Sergachev has plenty of room to grow and be a pretty solid top 4 D, if not a top pair.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Seems like Drouin is also taking that next step. Heck we may have won all 3 trades.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
The Weber/Subban trade turned into a win in the end. But at the time, Subban was worth a lot. The smart thing to do would have been to trade him for a package of young pieces. Imagine if Oilers agreed to trade Draistl for example.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The Weber/Subban trade turned into a win in the end. But at the time, Subban was worth a lot. The smart thing to do would have been to trade him for a package of young pieces. Imagine if Oilers agreed to trade Draistl for example.

Yeah imagine that he was along with McDavid the only untouchable in a Subban trade. Wasn’t it talked over and over again at the time that their best offer was Hall and #4 overall and Bergevin would have taken it if Dubois would’ve been available at 4?

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Yeah imagine that he was along with McDavid the only untouchable in a Subban trade. Wasn’t it talked over and over again at the time that their best offer was Hall and #4 overall and Bergevin would have taken it if Dubois would’ve been available at 4?
Oh I thought it was Draisatl and #4 that was the offer? And MB rejected because Dubois got picked.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Was that confirmed that it was Hall and the 4th or just another assumption like most of the crap on the board.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Nah, see, we need defence, I like what I see of Sandin.

Bracco I would do, I realize thats more of a gamble though.
So the Habs are giving up their top pair [ Weber & Mete ] , one of our blue chip center prospects and a second rounder for a tiny AHL'er , a highly skilled but fluffy soft Willy Nylander and a cap dump ? I'm not saying you won't get some fools on here to agree with this nonsense but in the real world of G.M's a trade like this seldom if ever happens

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019

Only a special kind of people.

Most experts, hockey insiders and fans who had seen both players extensively knew this was a win for Montreal.

Reactions: bl02

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Only a special kind of people.

Most experts, hockey insiders and fans who had seen both players extensively knew this was a win for Montreal.

I always thought it was a win or at least a equal trade. I watched him for many seasons when he was a predator. I don’t get why they say habs got fleeced. Weber is a solid dman.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad