The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Once we found out how good he was, he was gone.

Once we found out? We Hawks fans been knew he was a stud. Hell, we were the ones defending how good he was with other fans of teams cause they thought he was a "product of Kane" or he was "overrated". Now they all see what we already knew.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Once we found out? We Hawks fans been knew he was a stud. Hell, we were the ones defending how good he was with other fans of teams cause they thought he was a "product of Kane" or he was "overrated". Now they all see what we already knew.

Nobody knew how he was going to translate coming from the KHL. Halfway through his first season we knew that he was special. The mistake was not trading him, but trading him for Saad instead of futures. They needed a superstar's haul for him and they didn't get it.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Terrible even.
well hes got more points than them combined and plays a way better 2 way game than both of them combined. led his team in the playoffs last year, wins board battles , maybe if strome wasnt such a puss and used his body he'd be worth it

Reactions: plank

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
well hes got more points than them combined and plays a way better 2 way game than both of them combined. led his team in the playoffs last year, wins board battles , maybe if strome wasnt such a puss and used his body he'd be worth it
Im willing to bet he wont ever have more points than them combined in their entire careers. Also, you're acting like Cat doesnt engage physically and one the boards.
We dont need someone to lead our team in the playoffs. We have 2 guys who could do that as they typically do in the postseason.
Would be nice if strome engaged physically, but he doesnt for the most part.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

I would take him over Cat and Strome because Strome is garbage but I wouldn’t take him over Cat and Schmaltz, I would have much rather have had him for two years over Saad for 4 years, heck we could have even traded him last year when his contract was finishing at the deadline and got a minimum of 1st rounder, but if he was here contrary to what everyone will frown upon this statement this team would have made the playoffs.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Goals the last two seasons: (DeBrincats 20/21 year old season to Panarin being 27/28 years old)

DeBrincat : 69 goals
Panarin : 55 goals

You are blowing a 40 game sample size where DeBrincat is playing his worst hockey completely out of proportion

Reactions: Giovi

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Goals the last two seasons: (DeBrincats 20/21 year old season to Panarin being 27/28 years old)

You are blowing a 40 game sample size where DeBrincat is playing his worst hockey completely out of proportion

To be fair, he held this opinion a few months ago also. So even before this full 40 game slump.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019

true very true but even putting stats aside this is just my opinion from watching games. but the more i looked at salaries around the league i dont think a team with kane toews and panarin would have enough help to win a cup with their cap hit but strome and debrincat aint winning no cup either

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
true very true but even putting stats aside this is just my opinion from watching games. but the more i looked at salaries around the league i dont think a team with kane toews and panarin would have enough help to win a cup with their cap hit but strome and debrincat aint winning no cup either

Strome is completely useless especially when playoffs come around when the game gets intense he will go pointless, Cat can be good if he has players feeding him, he’s also small and most likely will disappear come playoffs but I will hold the judgment on him till I actually see him play a playoff game, I know when it was crunch time down the stretch last year he turned disapeared until the team was eliminated then he showed up again when games got easy at the end.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Strome is completely useless especially when playoffs come around when the game gets intense he will go pointless, Cat can be good if he has players feeding him, he’s also small and most likely will disappear come playoffs but I will hold the judgment on him till I actually see him play a playoff game, I know when it was crunch time down the stretch last year he turned disapeared until the team was eliminated then he showed up again when games got easy at the end.
You know who else will disappear in the playoffs? Nick Schmaltz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad