The Great Brandon Manning Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We have to admit that Manning was a team guy and a hard worker just never had what it takes to be a NHLer. I can't imagine any team picking him up but the Oilers did trade for him.

No doubt about it. Mannings compete level is the only reason he ever stepped on the ice in an NHL uniform....but that can only get a player so far.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Got to love Tortorella. LMAO.

Underrated coach, IMO. Has a lot of Iron Mike in him to which players will eventually attest that he made them better (though it is quite often hard for most of them to believe that at the time they are playing for him). Duclair is getting the tough love he needs if he is to succeed.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Underrated coach, IMO. Has a lot of Iron Mike in him to which players will eventually attest that he made them better (though it is quite often hard for most of them to believe that at the time they are playing for him). Duclair is getting the tough love he needs if he is to succeed.
How is it any different than how he was treated in Arizona by either Tippet or Tocchet? He was sat in games after dumb mistakes, benched for not stopping them, and even sent to the ahl because of the same reasons.

What tough love was not given to him then that Torts is suddenly giving now? The only difference of Torts is he open in saying things to the media to draw attention to himself.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
How is it any different than how he was treated in Arizona by either Tippet or Tocchet? He was sat in games after dumb mistakes, benched for not stopping them, and even sent to the ahl because of the same reasons.

What tough love was not given to him then that Torts is suddenly giving now? The only difference of Torts is he open in saying things to the media to draw attention to himself.

You're right it isn't much different as long as those coaches are very clear as to why a player is being treated ....

.... and then we have your 2nd paragraph. Torts telling it like it is doesn't make him a bad coach, which was my point.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Well, the good news is that if Duclair eventually succeeds in the NHL, we'll have a more recent team we can point at to absolve us for not seeing his talent.

Akin to the Rangers having a free pass for trading Sosa because the Sox traded Sosa after that before he exploded into a home run machine.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I appreciate Torts for his candid takes. Unfortunately he also pairs that with attempting to beat up an opposing coach in his own locker room, which sours him a bit for me.

That "bad listening skills" comment is nothing short of epic, though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hino with goal in regulation last night and a beauty move to score winner in shoot-out. Would love to still have him in our listless bottom 6.

That shootout goal was sick. People should look that up and watch it. It was the end to a long shootout too.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
bad listening skills, I love it, comedy gold
then he follows that up with Panarin "shitting his pants and puking everywhere" hahahaha...he is such a dick to the media, but he is Gold..

it almost reminds me of those 1990's/early 00's SNL skits they would do where the reporters would keep asking the stupidest questions in the world, over and over again...Torts literally in his head has to be feeling like that each and every time he gets interviewed..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hino with goal in regulation last night and a beauty move to score winner in shoot-out. Would love to still have him in our listless bottom 6.

Nah I don't miss a guy who was MIA for several weeks before his goal last night and demoted back to 4th line multiple times this year after lackluster play in top 9 (Let alone top 6) when given chance

Hino was MIA from early Dec thru late Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad