Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Biz, and the F'Ugly - FUBAR; 5-1 Loss at Home to Carolina

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Only caught a few segments live and it wasn't pretty. Not gonna watch the DVR.
Like NASA's various Apollo missions, I'll return in ~8-10 days, depending. Enjoy the break, Sabres fans.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I will never start a GDT again.

Did he get a stick?

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Are you nuts?! I'd rather make the playoffs and get killed than pick 13th. We've lost enough the cupboard is stacked enough.
Oh I don't give a damn about draft picks at all. If they make it of course it's a huge accomplishment regardless of anything that happens after, and being the team to end the drought is something this team can bond over and build from.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Are you nuts?! I'd rather make the playoffs and get killed than pick 13th. We've lost enough the cupboard is stacked enough.
If this means mortgaging 1st round picks prospects to pick up any sort of a rental in hopes to maybe squeek in, I think that's insane.

By most accounts, this seems like a pretty strong draft. Let's see if we can get a strong pick or two for this year, and worry about making appropriate deals after the draft/off-season if they're available.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If this means mortgaging 1st round picks prospects to pick up any sort of a rental in hopes to maybe squeek in, I think that's insane.

By most accounts, this seems like a pretty strong draft. Let's see if we can get a strong pick or two for this year, and worry about making appropriate deals after the draft/off-season if they're available.

No one seems to be pushing for rental deals, it's that getting into the post season pushes them to picking 17th or so vs. being outside and picking 12th or 13th. Over the years, there has been a bit of draft pick position fetishizing that creeps in.

Reactions: Zman5778

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

It doesn't, I'm saying let it ride. Maybe some depth pieces.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Hopefully this loss is a sharp wake up call.

The Sabres had every opportunity to go into the break in a playoff spot and look good doing it on National TV and failed.

This should fire them up for a strong second half or at least I hope it does.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I think we make too much out of which cable channel broadcast the game. Who cares if it was on TNT, MSG, NBC, ESPN, OLN, or Cartoon Network. It doesn't change where the team is, what it has to do, or their likelihood of doing it. Nobody is going to look back on this season if we miss and say "If only the carolina game had been a local broadcast, we would have made it!"

Sabres are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. If they continue at that rate they hit 100 points and are very very likely to make the cut. The Bruins were just on a 3 game losing streak before last night. Winnipeg laid and absolute egg against us and they are still going to make the playoffs. Good teams still have bad games. Not worried unless it becomes a trend.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Tuch was incredible, he's going to be so good in the playoffs when the intensity ramps up. His speed, hands and physical presence is a pretty unique package in the NHL, he's going to be a force. Cozens had a rough game.

That's a good Carolina team, not going to take much out of that loss, come back from the break rested and get ready to pop off when you're back boys.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I think we make too much out of which cable channel broadcast the game. Who cares if it was on TNT, MSG, NBC, ESPN, OLN, or Cartoon Network. It doesn't change where the team is, what it has to do, or their likelihood of doing it. Nobody is going to look back on this season if we miss and say "If only the carolina game had been a local broadcast, we would have made it!"

Sabres are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. If they continue at that rate they hit 100 points and are very very likely to make the cut. The Bruins were just on a 3 game losing streak before last night. Winnipeg laid and absolute egg against us and they are still going to make the playoffs. Good teams still have bad games. Not worried unless it becomes a trend.
The first ten minutes definitely should have been on Cartoon Network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad