GBU The Good. The Bad. The Ugly - Welcome Levi! The Beast Unleashed! OT Win 3-2

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
wonder if the new pads had anything to do with that. Rangers were shooting into him; I wonder if they were trying to take advantage of some big rebounds off the new pillows.
I think they were his Northeastern pads with stickers on them given the red EFlex logos on the boot area of the outside rolls.

2.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgoalie

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Skinner says of Levi and pointing to him after his gwg: "I don't know if you know, they were trying to keep him in a cage. I was trying to let the beast go"

I can’t read this and think of any reason whatsoever you wouldn’t give Levi the nod tonight.

The team is hyped, the fans are hyped, the kid is hyped.

LFG!

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Skinner is underappreciated and having a career year under the radar. What could have been if Kruger hadn't crushed and sucked the life out of him.
He's such a great teammate too. Seems to always know when something meaningful happens on the ice. If he's on it he's the guy grabbing the pucks, going right to a teammate who did something great, pointing at his rookie goalie even though he just scored an OT winner. They needed this Skinner during the Eichel years, it's such a shame things were so toxic before.

Reactions: Dingo44

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Fun game and finish. I don't like getting carried away with what lies ahead for the team however I will say I am optimistic about the future and that is something that I haven't been able to say for a long time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Wow, I don't know how anyone can watch that game and not be giddy about Levi. He's so fast with his glove and his pads, and is cool as the other side of the pillow. All aboard the hype train!

Also, for a goalie his age to say 'unleash the beast' and then perform like that tells me he has thqt 'it' factor. Some players crack when they put that much heat on themselves. Not Levi!

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Late to this thread but I was at the game last night!

Good

Levi, obviously. Man, what a calming presence to see him play in person. His skating is exceptional, he’s like a cat. Seeing his tv timeout routine was very cool as well

Greenway, good job my guy. Best game as a Sabre so far

Skinner is a dog

The Kids Table was electric. This is not the JJ Peterka we had a month or two ago. This is the JJ that figured it out like Quinn did. Nice to see.

Bad

That third period, WOOF

Ugly

Not much tbh. Had some great interaction with Rangers fans. They seemed to love our young team. Also gotta respect anyone in a Brian Leetch jersey. That’s cool af.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Something I found funny, Razor (and the NYR broadcast too) complimented the Sabres for coming out hard and helping make it easier on their rookie goalie. Limited the Ranger's opportunities and playing with intensity was a smart strategy.

Ummm, why don't they try that every game?
I'm hoping it wakes them up to what they're capable of doing defensively. It helps to get healthy too.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Eh, for what it's worth (not much) I thought Levi's pads were basic "off the shelf and meet's NHL standards" with Sabres colored stickers slapped on to give them some color and scheme match.

But what do I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad