Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
The Good;

Nice OT win.

The Gooder:

Levi

The Goodest:

Rochester bounces back and wins v Utica tonight!

1680328737916.png

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
both goals have been the Sabres weakness all year. They don't box out the opposing players hardly at all. They leave the goalie swimming to find it and they're caught puck watching instead of playing the man, boding them off the crease.
and they constantly allow d-men (Fox on that 2nd goal) to pinch in from the point (maddening). Must fix this off season and in camp.

Reactions: Chainshot

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Levi was the first star and the fans let him know it all night, there were ‘Levi’ chants after a couple different quality saves

Attachments

• 82D3A4F3-E281-4659-A4E3-1B42452DCBBF.jpeg
    82D3A4F3-E281-4659-A4E3-1B42452DCBBF.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 2

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
and they constantly allow d-men (Fox on that 2nd goal) to pinch in from the point (maddening). Must fix this off season and in camp.

Even just fix part of it and it will help. The amount of time their entire 5-some spends puck watching and never look around to see where their checks are behind them is maddening.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
plot twist Levi/Comrie in BUF nxt year, UPL gets the ROC crease for 50+ he shouldve had this year.
TBH UPL's game looks less NHL ready than Levi. He's really exploitable moving laterally, awfully slow recovering from butterfly, and needs lots of work on skating. I don't know that his glove will ever be as good as Levi's is right now.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I liked a lot of what Levi did. Rebound control wasn’t great, and the Rangers really didn’t challenge him with a ton of tough shots. He got shot into quite a bit, which indicates good positioning, but also poor shot placement by the Rangers.

Overall a really good performance but he’ll have some bumps as he learns.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I liked a lot of what Levi did. Rebound control wasn’t great, and the Rangers really didn’t challenge him with a ton of tough shots. He got shot into quite a bit, which indicates good positioning, but also poor shot placement by the Rangers.

Overall a really good performance but he’ll have some bumps as he learns.
wonder if the new pads had anything to do with that. Rangers were shooting into him; I wonder if they were trying to take advantage of some big rebounds off the new pillows.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
The good news is that the Sabres actually have the hardest positions to fill already on the roster:
- #1 C - Thompson will probably get some Hart votes
- #2 C - Cozens is on a 70 point pace
- #1 D - Dahlin will definitely get some Norris votes
- #2/#3D - Power and Sameulsson fill in fine here.

What we really need to do is upgrade the bottom half of the D and fill in the forwards with some defensively responsible vets. These are the most affordable positions to fill! Adams should have an easy job this offseason. We will probably need an upgrade in net, assuming Levi plays in the AHL, which is a little bit tougher...
top4 D in age group is not easy to aquire, unless Johnson can step in right away

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
top4 D in age group is not easy to aquire, unless Johnson can step in right away
I don’t think the #4 D has to be in age group (Adams may feel differently). Power and Dahlin are going to soak up most of the money in that group anyway, so the bottom 3 will probably not be the same every year.

SabrePL

Somewhere in Poland
Jul 1, 2021
Man of the match in his debiut. 1st star. What a debiut. Goals who he lost were very lucky for Rangers.
I don't know prospects, and I was complaining Reinhart for Levi? What is it? But I was wrong. Great match by Levi
G: Levi, Skinner's goal in OT, Cozens' assist
B: Unlucky lost goals
U: nothing

Give Levi more chances.

Let's go Buffalo!

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad