GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - The Land of the Giants: SO Win in Detroit 7-6

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
G: Puck luck gifted Detroit 3 goals and we still beat them.

B: Power and deflecting goals into his own net

U: Early on Boosh tipped one five hole on Levi and then had that horrendous giveaway for GA5

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I hope this rivalry between the Sabres and Wings becomes a deep rooted thing. Both teams clearly on the upswing looking to become contenders at the same time but there can only be one.
Me too but for different reasons. I think the wings are destined for a decade of mediocrity. Stevie Y isn't hitting home runs and hosing teams.

He's buying just enough wins to keep him from drafting top end talent. Hockey purgatory. That's why I love facing these guys. And they're named after our favorite food!!!

U: Early on Boosh tipped one five hole on Levi and then had that horrendous giveaway for GA5
Man Jost has to haul in that pass

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I really hope that the last 10 games or so of Tage is him being injured and not an actual representation of what kind of player he is.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

absolutely.. this was a huge moment to see Devon Levi's maturity.. One, maybe two goals were his fault, the rest horrific luck as you said and rough giveaway boosh/jost .
The fact that he seemed calm and focused thru the shootout after all of that , the face off goal w net open at the end and also getting beat 5 hole was very impressive. This proves that he may be ready to play in this league without visiting Rochester.. Very impressive on a rough night.. Great response by the team after giving up some real gifts.

Reactions: brian_griffin

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Do you not know what Tage is? Have you forgotten the insanity on a nightly basis before he got injured?
I think the lesson to all of our players that mitts certainly learned last year.. If the crap teams around the League are getting embarrassed by you, be prepared for cheap season crippling dirty hits if you want to succeed long term..

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Marty made the point of the night........ Players cannot stop playing hockey because a clean hit gets made.... Esp. an open ice hit.

Today's players just go koo-koo when they receive a hard legal check. A Campbell/Umberger hit just isn't played through these days. Nor a Peca/Domi one for that matter.

Outrage immediately boils to the surface. Because......... the absence of enforcers means there's no real consequence to be paid if you lose your cool because you were cleanly checked.

Frankly both Raymond and Larkin should have been tossed. A 4 minute call was an absolute wimp out. :thumbd:

(Skinner never dropped his gloves. Casey got bushwhacked.)

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Me too but for different reasons. I think the wings are destined for a decade of mediocrity. Stevie Y isn't hitting home runs and hosing teams.

He's buying just enough wins to keep him from drafting top end talent. Hockey purgatory. That's why I love facing these guys. And they're named after our favorite food!!!

Man Jost has to haul in that pass
that's on both..

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I really hope that the last 10 games or so of Tage is him being injured and not an actual representation of what kind of player he is.
I think long term he is something in-between. Early in the year when team defenses are still porous and breakdowns are common, he will likely still light it up, and fade as the year progresses, until he learns how to play against the other team's top defensive line attacking him like a pack of lions. With his size and lankiness I will not be surprised if he battles injuries his whole career.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I'd be curious how many goals have been scored that deflected off Power this season. Not sure if that's bad positioning or just really bad puck luck on his part but it seems like there have been a dozen of them this year.
I was thinking it's between 5 and 7. Which is still a lot.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Ugly: Levi is now at .901 save percentage but what's worse is Comrie at .886 and UPL is at .889

Anderson has been our best goalie this season sitting at a .908 and he's 42

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Couldn't watch the game, So I came here to see how people felt about Levi after he let in 6, and I'm relieved. Thanks.
I'd say 4 were not his fault, but my evaluation is subjective. Had UPL played the exact same game, I am not sure how I would have felt about his performance.

I guess I am just Team Levi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad