Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Road Point: OT Loss 3-2 in Carolina 11/7/23

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good:

JJP's drive out of the box that created Tuch's goal.
The PK again outside of the badluck with the goal going off Greenway.
Greenway overall again.
Ryan Johnson. I don't know if you go back now.
Tuch's back.
Luuuuuuuu....6 ten bell saves.
Mitts in the third was all over the place. Dekes, handles... all of it.

The Bad:

Taking too many penalties against a good team.
Speaking of which... the PP has not found a rhythm even with a goal from Dahlin.

The Ugly:

D'uh.
Not taking the change in OT. Not a smart play by all of 'em.
Expecting to hear Jokiharju is back in a walking boot and out 6 weeks.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
7/10 possible points in the last 5 games. Team played a very mature game and that’s a huge point in that building when we were losing with half a period left.

Johnson is awesome, quite possibly the 3rd best D on the roster already but we gotta see more obviously.

Mittelstadt is turning into a force out there, he’s so confident with the puck on his stick and when it’s not on his stick he’s like a dog on a bone.

Greenway was a really slick addition by Adams. He is a pretty unique player, his ability to protect pucks and use his reach to disrupt play is amazing, and he can skate more than well enough to keep up with skill players.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Oh…and Johnson should not only not be leaving the roster he shouldn’t be leaving the top 4.

Was one of their 4 best D in camp. Went to Roch and was great. Came up and guess what? Leave him there.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Skinner needs to get off the top PP.

Okposo needs to get off the second PP.

Olofsson needs to get off the team.

if only great shooters grew on trees or were in Rochester with 9 goals in 10 games.
I wish I had a nickel for every time Skinner has passed it to the other team or nearly as bad on the pp. Okposo can follow Olofsson out the door, for my part.

Reactions: RB76

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Good:
* They skated for 62 minutes. That's what's been missing many (most) nights.
* UPL solid (even saved a breakaway)
* Ryan freaking Johnson is a good addition
* Good support by the forwards who played a disciplined neutral zone game
* Tuch finally looks right
* Another good night for Joker. He's stacking them up.

Bad:
* Okie can't skate anymore. 1,000 games can't come soon enough.
* Clifton makes me shake my head at least 3 times a night
* Getting stuck with a 3-min shift in OT

Ugly:
* Power(less) PP continues

One point against these guys is a good night, especially after falling behind twice.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Glad to have secured a point, whoever coaches this power play needs to be fired into the sun do we know who it is? Not a bad effort but the power play ineptitude is really frustrating these guys can’t even get set up in the zone, watching other teams gain the zone so easily makes me wonder if it’s a coaching or just dumb player issues.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How far away is Quinn? We need Okposo off that 2nd unit. He has no business on the PP at that point in his career.

The problem isn't necessarily Okposo on that unit - they don't have anyone else to go to the front of the net. Quinn isn't really that guy either. They have all their zone entry guys (Dahlin, Tuch, Cozens) stacked up on the first unit which means they have people getting handles on PP2 in positions that aren't a strength. They will still need someone to go netfront.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
G: good overall game for us. I think that’s about as well played a game against Carolina as you can expect out of the lineup we iced tonight.

B: Refs

U: Too many placeholders on our roster. VO, Jost, Rousek, Krebs, Okposo. Hard to win with only 2 real lines

Our PP is pathetic
1699411740699.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad