GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Panthers Pounce 3/7/22

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
37 games into Krebs' NHL career, and here we are.

96 games into Cozens' career, and we're already talking having more patience? I wonder if Montreal is getting impatient with Caufield?

NHL Games by Player entering this season:
Dahlin - 197
Mitts - 155
Tage - 145
Asplund - 57
Bryson - 38
Fitzgerald - 0
Joker - 52
Samuelsson - 12
Murray - 2

Keaganizer

Dec 29, 2013
That was his only good game in a while. And everyone played great that night.
he’s had a few games where he’s struggled no doubt, but against st. louis G/A and i thought he looked pretty good. few games before against he islanders had 3 helpers. he’s had decent games. i think we have to temper our expectations on his ceiling, but i think his floor is higher than people are giving him credit for. get him a little stronger and more experience before we make judgements

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
he’s had a few games where he’s struggled no doubt, but against st. louis G/A and i thought he looked pretty good. few games before against he islanders had 3 helpers. he’s had decent games. i think we have to temper our expectations on his ceiling, but i think his floor is higher than people are giving him credit for. get him a little stronger and more experience before we make judgements

Totally agreed -- you'll notice I didn't make any judgegments based on anything. Just sucks to have to watch games full of nothing but growing pains...not that management has any choice at this point.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm not so doom & gloom about our prospects though. We don't need to 'hit on lottery tickets'. We just need to develop the young players we already have properly. If they build the right side of the D, bring in a proven #1A vet goalie & get the likes of Power, Quinn & Peterka into the lineup - i can see us making strides as soon as next season.

It's no longer based on luck. Our destiny is in our hands & Adams doesn't have any excuses. Aside from bridging Dahlin - I've liked what he's done for the most part thus far.
Can't say I disagree with most of this. Im optimistic about the future, but damn we're in a stacked division. Need to hit the jackpot with a few of these prospects.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Didn't say it was luck, said they found unheralded players. That means they had an idea what they were doing. We instead had Scott Wilson.
Didn't mean to imply that you said it, just added it to what you were saying, with which I agree.

But thanks for bringing Scott Wilson back into my field of awareness, now I feel like I need a drink :help: :sarcasm:

Reactions: Chainshot

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
In a cloud of darkness, Buffalo's future still looks really promising. If we add a top-5 pick in the upcoming draft and add that to the already rich youth prescence in the franchise, 2023-2024 might very well be a playoff season.

I just hope something happens soon, so Dahlin's career is wasted.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
In a cloud of darkness, Buffalo's future still looks really promising. If we add a top-5 pick in the upcoming draft and add that to the already rich youth prescence in the franchise, 2023-2024 might very well be a playoff season.

I just hope something happens soon, so Dahlin's career is wasted.

This has been said about 1000 times since 2012. It's a broken record. I'm in the believe it when I see it phase, until then this team sucks.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ah, I see we're into the cannibalizing of young players portion of the season.

You mean the season part of the season? Yes. (It's just which young players deserve to be fired into the sun that shifts depending on who most recently had a bad game/stretch of games/injury.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad