GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Misty Mountain Hop, Home Win, 4-0 10/29/23

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Almost feels like the Avs thought they could just show up and skate off with a win. I suppose years of doing just that might have lulled them into a false sense of confidence.
First five minutes or so they looked like they could. Then they started having to fight for pucks and didnt fare well. And Buffalo never stopped battling so there was no opening to get some quick ones. Even with everything becoming an unearned PP.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
First five minutes or so they looked like they could. Then they started having to fight for pucks and didnt fare well. And Buffalo never stopped battling so there was no opening to get some quick ones. Even with everything becoming an unearned PP.

I was impressed with how Buffalo took away much of the cross-slot stuff that troubles them so much. And how they attacked the middle lane in the Avs zone in the first half of the game was noteworthy.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Study required…

Psychology of Goatheads….
B8DC1149-7947-4A2F-A018-57742D84DC93.jpeg

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Good
Great defensive game
Tuch even though not on the scoreboard
Dahlin keeping the streak alive
Bryson throwing a hit?
UPL

Bad
Benson looks outmatched(Needs more time AHL would be great)

Ugly
Refs
Makar falling and blaming Okposo

0 good goalies to 3 good goalies?
do we think Benson will go down when Savoie gets his rehab in down there ?

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Only saw some of the game. Highlights looked like upl moving way quicker and processing better on same way he was burned on breakaway against jersey. I'm curious whoever watched thd entire game. Their assessment of Upl. Looks very encouraging as he was tested and allowed the team some time early until buffalo s first goal.

Casey doing his eichel impression really selling pass and roofing a tough shot. His compete along the boards is quite the asset to add to his skill .

The team D covering their man around rebounds around our net looked like an excellent effort in the snippets i saw.

Good home win , upl steps up the calm any uncertainty around the team giving levi more time if needed.

Reactions: HaNotsri

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Any of our goalies will look better if the team plays how they did today, but I think UPL has the higher upside to be better than Comrie (easily). For now the consistent chaos obscures all of their potential. Levi might be better off in Rochester once a decision has to be made, but one way or the other, next season should be UPL and Levi. I see no reason to keep Comrie after this season.
Levi needs support, He got it today from ukka pekka. Great to see. Let's do it again as he deserves the first against phill
G: UPL and Bryson
B: Makar falling
U: Fans who complain about UPL and Bryson ;)
I'm ugly . I've complained about upl quickness and it's encouraging that it may be just processing and confidence/ relaxing etc

And I've seen potential in Bryson, like casey if he added a tough physical element and determination it may help. Cleary Donny thinks all of us who wonder about both are idiots , not seeing what he sees daily .

Awesome, didnt see it so.. still great

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
do we think Benson will go down when Savoie gets his rehab in down there ?
I think he goes down. I think the put him on the first line to see what he can do and he is getting pushed around. Pre-season wasnt very physical so he excelled. Just my opinion of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00