GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - It's A Good Season if You Don't Weaken; Devils 6-Sabres 2

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Listening to the post game interviews and how crushed they are. Damn Kevyn Adams for not getting them help. Still waiting for that explanation of how having NHL level goaltending and another good D would have hurt the development. I hope everyone who parroted that line can feel how stupid that was today.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
This team is good, legit good. All I asked for at the beginning of the season was for meaningful games in March, and we got that and more. Not many things needed to change to make the playoffs this season... like if soccer-goals didn't count...

The successes they had this year weren't flukes. They weren't bailed out game after game by some goalie-phenom. They were solid most nights, even during the 8-game losing streak.

Donny is getting the best from this team. Great things are coming. So excited for next season.

Now give Andy another start against Ottawa, and reward Kulich with a 2 game taste.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Mood:
FB_IMG_1667777623973.jpg

crossthesticks26

Jan 5, 2006
G - showing they had some fight in them. even when being down 2-4 late in the third, they almost came back with that Skinner wrap-around attempt.
B - "almost" being this season's theme...
U - having to wait another 6 months now to see how this will unfold... but it should be worth the wait eventually, and that all by itself is a win. Let's Go Buffalo!

Last edited:

Abraham de Lacy

Oh my goodness, that was powerful. English is such a beautiful language, very similar to my own and very rich, too. I am going through a family crisis at the moment, and perhaps this mixes in with the sadness of last night's defeat to make this more significant than you intended.

I've adopted the Sabres as my NHL team, despite living far across the Atlantic Ocean. Not only that, but I can't think of a single thing I don't like about the team. The fans in this here forum are some of the most well-read and funny people I have ever interacted with. The players are fun and seem to be vibing collectively to a uniform identity, literally and figuratively.

This team has potential. When they start firing on all cylinders … well, what then?

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If soccer goal had not gone in,
Oh my goodness, that was powerful. English is such a beautiful language, very similar to my own and very rich, too. I am going through a family crisis at the moment, and perhaps this mixes in with the sadness of last night's defeat to make this more significant than you intended.

I've adopted the Sabres as my NHL team, despite living far across the Atlantic Ocean. Not only that, but I can't think of a single thing I don't like about the team. The fans in this here forum are some of the most well-read and funny people I have ever interacted with. The players are fun and seem to be vibing collectively to a uniform identity, literally and figuratively.

This team has potential. When they start firing on all cylinders … well, what then?

Sorry to hear you are going through things AdL.

Hope whatever is going on for you works out the best way it can.

I certainly get to feeling a way when they get close and fall short. Dylan Thomas, John McCrae, Shakespeare... heck in times when the team loses, Mary Oliver's line "tell me of your despair and I will tell you of mine" fits even if it is just through the junction of shared fandom. I find hockey is part of my coping mechanisms - even just the sound of skates on a fresh sheet is something relaxing for me.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Two more games, then it's time to...

Richard Thompson's song, guesting with Declan MacManus (Elvis Costello).
The tonal dissonance of this unique and powerful song is perhaps fittingly metaphoric for the Sabres season now concluding.

Reactions: Abraham de Lacy

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Listening to the post game interviews and how crushed they are. Damn Kevyn Adams for not getting them help. Still waiting for that explanation of how having NHL level goaltending and another good D would have hurt the development. I hope everyone who parroted that line can feel how stupid that was today.

Didn’t you post about a hundred times that they were a bunch of sad boys because of no trades? Even though teams like the senators struggled after the trade deadline and we rose above them?

No one parroted that line, so I don’t know ho you are calling stupid. People’s tales were obviously more in depth than that. But the “sad boy” theory….that was a uh good one

Reactions: Jim Bob and Dingo44

Abraham de Lacy

I'm just guessing here, but think that KA and company already knows that the core of the team were on the ice. And this core is the one that has to learn what it takes to win.

Hoping for magical additions from management is not the message the team needs. The core is there, I can see it evolving over time. The guys on the ice can beat any team in the NHL as is.

They've proven it.

Furthermore, they are a fast, high scoring team that needs to believe in their own ability and not take any shit from opponents.

They are very, very young and this experience is precisely what they require.

All future predictions on the Sabres are looking bright.

pasaluki

Dec 7, 2022
They played with a lot of intensity the last several games. That's obviously something to build on. I can't deny their talent but talent is nothing without consistency. They have the ability to overcome any team but they will go to sleep for 9-10 games in a row. The Islanders for example are a boring low scoring / low skill team but they play more consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad