GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - It's A Good Season if You Don't Weaken; Devils 6-Sabres 2

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Good:
* This is a different Sabres team than even a month ago, let alone the last 11 years. They've coming.
* Dominating for stretches against a top Eastern team with something to play for
* Sammy playing his heart out
* An open door for Anderson to play a farewell game Thursday

Bad:
* Puck luck
* The irony of the guy with the worst hands on the team getting chance after chance after...
* Thompson playing hurt. Looked like Cozens was playing hurt as well.
* The hot takes on this MB

Ugly:
* The Joke's on us
* Lack of finish by a clearly tired team

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If someone had said to almost any Sabre fan that in game 80, this team... THIS TEAM... would finally be eliminated from playoff contention, there isn't a person who wouldn't have thought at that moment that it wasn't a successful year from where they were 20 months ago to now.
They're progressing. That's a fact, jack!

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
1681264731674.png

1681264737522.png

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
When Vanecek made the double save on Thompson in the second, I personally felt a little deflated. We had a chance to make it 2-2 I believe at the time, but weren't able to tie it up.

Unfortunate result, but still lot's to look forward to as we go into next year

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Not even Clague? I thought he was on a two-way deal.
The only thing a two way deal does is change your salary between the AHL/NHL. If it’s a one-way, you get paid one salary no matter AHL or NHL. Two way, you get paid less in the AHL.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
When Vanecek made the double save on Thompson in the second, I personally felt a little deflated. We had a chance to make it 2-2 I believe at the time, but weren't able to tie it up.

Unfortunate result, but still lot's to look forward to as we go into next year
That save was when I knew the sabres were in trouble

The past 10 games or so that puck gets loose and is the back of the net and knew when it didn't get loose the sabres were gonna have to really work for any bounce they could get

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
There are certainly holes. But they aren't as big as some of us think. And we have the means to fix them.

Play it cool. Next year, game 80 won't mean very much atoll.
Could of filled them this offseason but we had the money to add a guy from another team to LTIR to get to the floor......

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The only thing a two way deal does is change your salary between the AHL/NHL. If it’s a one-way, you get paid one salary no matter AHL or NHL. Two way, you get paid less in the AHL.

The worst thing EA ever did was to get the contract structure wrong when they added in the farm teams years ago. It put that into the universe and it's tough to shake the first exposure to that information being fiction instead of what it actually means in the NHL.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Could of filled them this offseason but we had the money to add a guy from another team to LTIR to get to the floor......
What we need could not have been filled via UFA last summer. Full stop.

It would have been a poor idea to trade away draft capital then. We were preparing to graduate a good chunk of our prospect pipeline (Power, Quinn, JJP, Krebs), and that needed to be replenished. And that's what was done.

We didn't know who was going to disappear when the going got hard. I was ready to cut bait on Joker before the season started -- the most common response was eyerolls. VO needs to go, but he has a ton of defenders early on. Same with Bryson. Remember how upset some people were when we lost Fitz on waivers? Now we know.

This team would make the playoffs next year if no moves are made. Just through growth from the rookies and Levi. But make the right moves and we're challenging the big three. Power gets a partner. Top-4 caliber D for the third pair. Goalie to shelter Levi. Decent defensive forward (UFA).

And get a PK coach.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If someone had said to almost any Sabre fan that in game 80, this team... THIS TEAM... would finally be eliminated from playoff contention, there isn't a person who wouldn't have thought at that moment that it wasn't a successful year from where they were 20 months ago to now.
Agreed. If you asked me this in September, I would’ve said it was a good year.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Beyond proud of this team for not showing any quit down to the wire. They came to play tonight and unfortunately didn't get the bounces they needed.

This offseason is gigantic, the waiting game isn't a valid excuse anymore for Adams. Playoffs are the expectation now, go get what you need to fill the holes this roster has.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00