GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Fracas in Florida, Failed - Florida 2-Sabres 1

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's definitely contrarian but what would you do ?

1/ He is having a career year and you could get a massive amount for him in a trade. The downside of his career year is he will want the world in his next contract.

2/ His contract ends next year and he is already making $6 million. Are you really going to pay him $10 million plus in the face of the Thompson contract? And knowing that Power will obviously want the same.

Just saying I would not give him a Daniel Nurse / Seth Jones type contract (and he will probably want more than that). He is talented but I question his decision making/brain.
20230406_002252.jpg

"DID YOU WRITE THAT???"

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
At 96 with great - great grandchildren? I would say yes.

To your comment:

"I guess they don't make them like that anymore!" :laugh:
Congratulations on both "accomplishments"!!!

I have only read posts by @seventieslord (i.e., not corresponded with him), but I recall someone several years ago challenging him about his knowledge, recall, and opinions in the history of hockey thread, etc. and he replied simply with "I am 90 years old". As I say, that was several years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: seventieslord

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Congratulations on both "accomplishments"!!!

I have only read posts by @seventieslord (i.e., not corresponded with him), but I recall someone several years ago challenging him about his knowledge, recall, and opinions in the history of hockey thread, etc. and he replied simply with "I am 90 years old". As I say, that was several years ago.
I swear I can remember saying this (in jest, of course), but I just searched the forums and can't find it. But I do believe you're remembering it correctly. Word for word, even.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
No team would trade Bedard for Dahlin so it's a moot point. And that's not a knock on Dahlin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad