Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Benson has himself a Knight; Sabres win 5-2 in Vegas

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Best Guess:
Benson. thompson. Tuch
Quinn Mitts Peterka
Greenway Cozens Skinner
ERob Krebs OK

Jost VO extras
Dont expect Girgs back. If it was month to month I don’t think Adams would have made a move. He would have shuffled Amerks in and out.
Well, I don't think you put Quinn second line right after a long layoff, plus disrupt what is finally working for Cozens, but your lineup may be where it's heading in the long run.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I just watched the highlights but it looked like the Sabres were sending two guys to the front of the net in the ozone. May finally be some coaching adjustments.

Someone may have gotten through to them but can the replicate it in the very next game?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
GBU:

GOOD:
Levi was very good and allowed us to stay in this game. He's not an NHL starter yet and should likely be in Rochester BUT he may be the best option for us. He's the only guy with that potential in our organization currently (In Rochester or Buffalo)

Cozens did a lot of good things, hopefully it builds some confidence, he's got the right DNA

Benson is arguably a top-3 guy on our team right now. Steal in the draft and the steal to Tuch was such a big play. Has the DNA to be a very successful pro.

Krebs had one of his better games of the year

Mitts continues his upward trend from last season

BAD:
Jokijarhu is not it. I'm in the minority that he hasn't been much improved this year. He's been marginal better but he doesn't add really any value. Slow and soft and doesn't skate well.

Clifton/Power struggled again

Peterka has been off the last few

Eichel scoring against again and Stone's comments post game

UGLY:
We won, there ain't no ugly
Agree with you on Joker. We are in the minority. But he should not be a solid lock for a long term contract.

Reactions: SabresFan26

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G: Levi's glove, Benson playing his best game of the season (I had him going 7th overall and am happy he's working his way up the lineup already).
B: Power desperately needs a good mentor. He's still young and still very raw, but he needs help.
U: What it would cost for a competent top 4 veteran Defender to help mentor Power.
Agree about Power....... Thought Erik Johnson would fill that role but I don't see it happening.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I have to disagree. He's been much smarter with the puck on his stick. Lots of nice outlet passes.
Yeah, I expected that. LOL

After all, how can you be in the minority if everyone agrees with ya?

One of my earlier posts made it clear that my discontent with Jokiharu is his lack of explosive acceleration off the fwd/bkwd transition. Overall, he's not a speed demon but maybe I'm too used to watching Makar and Byram.

Joker's puck handling and passing is much improved. He's still slow on reading and reacting to the play and does get caught standing and watching while in his own zone zone.

I simply believe he's a borderline 4/5 Dman.

So that's why you don't give him a LT contract. I suspect there will be better options when the time comes.

Reactions: SabresFan26

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Good:

Benson is the straw that stirs the drink.
Levi's French Canadian glove. Statement.
Cozens had himself a strong game.
Krebs had some all sorts of jump as we would expect. Braking up the late 3-on-2 was a highlight of the night.
Mitts knee drop after a dogged shift was a nice reward. The ENG was well-earned.

The Bad:

Murray's penalty and corresponding ice time. Clearly the coach has made up his mind.
Clifton's bad luck in his own zone continues.

The Ugly:

Tuch's puck on edge miss could have been deciding.
NHL.com??

View attachment 784261

I saw this on espn when i looked at assists. Power got the mnysterious goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad