GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - All Good Things Must Come to an End, Sabres 5, Columbus 2

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Depressing: I just canceled my Disney+ bundle for the summer. (Need to go watch Mandalorian episode from this week though, before tomorrow). The season really is over. :confused:

Hope: ESPN+ and MSG will work out an agreement so I can watch pre- and post-game shows next season.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He has "all the money and assets" because he let the team organically grow a core to build around lmao
Still waiting to hear how failing to add an NHL goalie or top 4 D would have hindered their development. It clearly cost them a playoff spot. So today would be a great day to explain to me how not doing those things was good, actually

Reactions: Punchs Fedora

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
There's plenty of space on the site to make threads about the whole season. Try to keep this one on the game, I guess.

Reactions: Chainshot

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Mood:
20221013_163400.jpg

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
2 points out of a playoff spot, not too shabby for a team everyone thought would finish in the bottom 5.

adams blew up the old core and this is the result…. it really makes you think.

next year it’s playoffs or bust for me. i even think we can set the bar higher and say we should win a series or two. our young guys are only going to get better. we theoretically have an actual goalie now. we have another crop of incredible young players ready to make the jump. the next few seasons should be now or never time for the entire organization. the dark days are over, let’s go win some hardware

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
2 points out of a playoff spot, not too shabby for a team everyone thought would finish in the bottom 5.

next year it’s playoffs or bust for me. i even think we can set the bar higher and say we should win a series or two. our young guys are only going to get better. we theoretically have an actual goalie now. we have another crop of incredible young players ready to make the jump. the next few seasons should be now or never time for the entire organization. the dark days are over, let’s go win some hardware
I like the confidence you are conveying via your remarks. Sabres have so much talent on the roster at fwd and contending for a slots that Adams should surely be able to be used to acquire that missing D man and a quality, split time goaltender.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I feel like I did after the Bills blew the KC game. I can’t wait for next season to get here. I will miss these guys for the next 5 months.

That's a perfect encapsulation of my feelings. We've seen the beast that this team can become and we know we can add a piece or two and suddenly jump up 10 points.

I just hope it doesn't end like the 2022 Bills. Forever scarred.

I like the confidence you are conveying via your remarks. Sabres have so much talent on the roster at fwd and contending for a slots that Adams should surely be able to be used to acquire that missing D man and a quality, split time goaltender.

Adams seems like he's methodical both to his own fault and to his own benefit. I don't doubt that he's been planning for this offseason since the start of the year. He's either going to make or break his tenure based on that. The Pegula leadership team is changing a lot lately and that's going to make his seat even warmer.

I have faith in the guy at this point. I think he's a long-term thinker and not short-term. But it all comes down to 23-24....

Reactions: VaporTrail

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020

Here's the thing: We got Tuch and Krebs playing now in exchange for Rusty. We've only seen a few games out of Levi for Reinhart, no on-ice return yet at all for Risto. Most of the current talent was already on the team or in the pipeline before they left.

This tells me that it was addition by subtraction for all three. What kind of depressing shit show must've been going on in that locker room! Did those guys (and others departed) bring it with them? The 'tank stank' karma was so bad that it stunted some very talented players and nearly ran the franchise out of town.

I marvel at how it has taken twelve years for the team to nearly recover. The crowds still aren't what they used to be. Maybe next year.

Our experience should be an object lesson for any other franchise that wants to take to the tank. But others seem to think that the decade-long collapse was only possible here. Maybe they're right. Maybe they're whistling past the graveyard.

No matter. The tank era in Buffalo is now over, FINALLY, because these excellent young men have driven the stake through its heart. Any problems from here on out have nothing to do with that grim past. And I am so grateful to put that in the rear-view.

Amen. Requiescat in pace.

Last edited:

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Still waiting to hear how failing to add an NHL goalie or top 4 D would have hindered their development. It clearly cost them a playoff spot. So today would be a great day to explain to me how not doing those things was good, actually
Yes Ottawa did it the right way. Added Talbot & Chychrun. Now they're facing Boston in the first round.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I’m really sad right now that this team didn’t make it… 1 more win. 7 game losing streak instead of 8. Tuch offsides, fasching kicked in goal, losing to jackets. Someone console me please
Our defense wasn't taking us anywhere in the playoffs this year especially against the Bruins.

MilkshakeMan

Apr 22, 2022
The Good:

It might be the end of the season, but it's the start of something great.
Mitts finishing the season strong
Levi was solid again - bad goal aside
Skinner ending with 82 points

The Bad:

Having to wait 6 months for another meaningful Sabres game

The Ugly:

Realizing they were a correct call on the Fasching kicked goal from potentially making the playoffs. Eff the NHL.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
For the first time in a decade, I have little interest in the draft lottery.

I have a little interest. I hope Bedard goes out West.

Definitely, I'll be tuning in. Seeing where the next potential generational prospect goes is a big deal. I hope he goes to the Coyotes, they get a new building then Matthews walks from the Leafs.

I'm 100% expecting Montreal to win the lottery.

2% chance is still a chance.

I'd live to see Vancouver get him.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I know we can only move up to #3 at best. If we got #3 I'd be fine with moving down to a forward hungry team with a prime young defenseman to give in return - plus their pick.
Yep. #3 would be a hell of an asset to get. Use the pick, trade it, whatever. Makes the org stronger and rooting for it denies another team getting closer to Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad