GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - All Good Things Must Come to an End, Sabres 5, Columbus 2

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I know we can only move up to #3 at best. If we got #3 I'd be fine with moving down to a forward hungry team with a prime young defenseman to give in return - plus their pick.
I think I'd take whichever of Fantilli/Michkov/Carlsson was available, and then use Savoie or Ostlund in a package for a good established player.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I like the confidence you are conveying via your remarks. Sabres have so much talent on the roster at fwd and contending for a slots that Adams should surely be able to be used to acquire that missing D man and a quality, split time goaltender.
the turn from rising team to contending team can happen really fast in the NHL. there are countless examples out there, most recently colorado. i don’t see how we’re that different from them at comparable stages of each teams development. we arguably have even more talent then they did heading into their cup run last year. let’s just cross our fingers and hope everyone stays healthy

Sabres

Jan 15, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I know we can only move up to #3 at best. If we got #3 I'd be fine with moving down to a forward hungry team with a prime young defenseman to give in return - plus their pick.
Obviously if a team is willing to overpay we should make the move. But the right move is taking Michkov. The only reason he's not a lock for #2 is because of the Russian factor and his contract situation, but he's closer to Bedard than most people think. Before this year there were some scouts that had them as equals and a few scouts claimed he may end up being better. Assuming the team keeps progressing and Kevyn makes a couple good moves we'll be a contender within 2-3 years, imagine adding a superstar on an ELC to that team.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad