Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the McCauley; Win 3-2 over Minnesota, 11/10/23

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
There's "not playing a rookie in high pressure situations" and "not playing a rookie at all".

Savoie had a total of 3:55 in ice time for the entire game.

He just got called up from an AHL conditioning stint and is 19 years old and hasn't even been with the NHL team very long. Was his ice time a problem? why was it bad other than you just didn't like it being that low?

Guys, it was his first game. If there is something this team has done extremely well it is phase in young players

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
G:
Mittelstadt was the best player for the Sabres and didn't even get a point
Greenway looked good. Would've liked for him to get one tonight
JJ staying hot!
RyJo with another great game
Levi making big saves in big moments

B:
We need an upgrade on the 4th line
Cozens clearly isn't 100% upstairs
Benching Savoie in the 3rd

U:
Wes f***ing McCauley... dude thinks he's hot shit but in reality is a garbage ref
Bogo and Moose getting away with murder multiple times tonight but calling RyJo and Greenway on soft ass penalties

Last edited:

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
G -
- Above .500
- Mitts being our best player per usual.
Levi
Greenway
That 4 minute PK was huge
JPP and Skinner on the 2nd Goal
Joel Eriksson Ek is a monster. Love that guy.

B--
Giving up 2 PP goals
Wild players like Bogo and Maroon being all around dicks

Ugly -

Refs

Let's keep it up... Starting off November 3-1-1 is just what the doctor ordered.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Savoie got benched because he created a terrible 3 on 1 the other way with a pass you just cant do in the NHL. The fact that he got benched tells me this isnt another year of free flying development. If you dont do your job then you’re on the pine. Krebs and Savoie are learning this the hard way.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I had to look twice but I saw Skinner on the penalty kill!?!?! He’s a different type of player, not really an ideal guy to fit into a traditional four line/role system but when he’s engaged, he makes things happen.

Four rookies in Rousak, Savoie, Johnson and Levi…plus two 2nd year guys in Power and JJ…a third of the team. Two of them were the three stars.

Only disappointment I had was that JJ didn’t get into a scrap because a Gordy would’ve made it a perfect night!!!!

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Small thing, but I like that he said it's big to win when you don't feel it. Some people would be in there going "ra ra we won, great job!" but that came off as "okay, you guys were....not good, but winning is good, do better tomorrow"

I agree this means nothing without action, but it is nice to see he is at least capable of saying winning is good but we still stunk tonight, do better.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Also by the character of these posts they must have really fallen off a cliff after I stopped watching, rip

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Levi was awesome. The rest of the team struggled to consistently dictate the pace of that game.

On the optimistic side, they're missing Quinn, Tuch, and Samuelsson. Those are three big pieces of the puzzle missing. They're still stacking points. That's all that matter this early in the season.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Levi was awesome. The rest of the team struggled to consistently dictate the pace of that game.

On the optimistic side, they're missing Quinn, Tuch, and Samuelsson. Those are three big pieces of the puzzle missing. They're still stacking points. That's all that matter this early in the season.
you forgot Cozens

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Do you guys think referees trash talk about each other like hockey players? Like are there two refs on their night off tonight texting each other "You see Wes tonight? What a clown!"
Nah, they all band together. Gotta back the stripes. If you aren’t with us, you’re against us.

• Haha
Reactions: Paxon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad