Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the McCauley; Win 3-2 over Minnesota, 11/10/23

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It was a win but they largely stunk the joint out on home ice again and got lucky. There's no excuse for constantly playing this bad on home ice.
It’s extra painful because the East is open for the taking right now - there really isn’t any teams without huge weaknesses, no more automatic playoff spots.

A trade or two to bring in a vet center to go between Girgs/Okposo, and maybe more winger help could go a really long way.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
It’s extra painful because the East is open for the taking right now - there really isn’t any teams without huge weaknesses, no more automatic playoff spots.

A trade or two to bring in a vet center to go between Girgs/Okposo, and maybe more winger help could go a really long way.
Extra extra painful because we are finally getting good goaltending too which was our biggest weakness last year. Its starting to feel like a huge wasted opportunity.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
There might be a better option, but Sturm seems like such an easy low-cost move. If they want Krebs, fine, Sturm has another year under contract which seems like a great timeline to me.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Just took a scroll through the Minny GDT, and, humorously, there was complaining about the refs and gloating about how terrible Greenway is. Perspective.
Every team board complains about the reffing in every game thread. It is a prerequisite on this site.

The reffing is honestly pretty bad in this league, and usually fanbases do have legitimate complaints, but then, it has always been pretty bad, as the consistency and making calls by the book will regularly change depending on the "time in" and the "situation of" a particular game, which should not be a thing, but it always has been.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I caught parts of the late 2nd/early 3rd.

From what I saw it looked like MN was outplaying them a bit but Levi made some timely saves and we got goals in transition when they were pressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad