Speculation: The goal song

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This played on one of the menus for an EA NHL game (forget which year) so every time I hear it I think of hockey. Not saying it should be a goal song though. Funny how dated it sounds now.

member 116861

This played on one of the menus for an EA NHL game (forget which year) so every time I hear it I think of hockey. Not saying it should be a goal song though. Funny how dated it sounds now.

NHL 2002

I remember this song very well.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
"Chelsea Dagger" is too dated and can never really feel timeless. It was pretty awesome when Chicago first started using it, but hearing it now is just annoying. I think they should shelve it, bring it out on special occasions. Keep it around, but not use it every time they score.

Then again, that's my issue with goal songs. They all get tiresome when you hear them a hundred or more times every season. Sure, I get the tradition part, but favor, say, one song over the other half-dozen you use in a given year.

But if Colorado wants just one goal song that doesn't come from some creep named Gary, I suggest something stompin' from 16 Horsepower or Slim Cessna's Auto Club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad