Speculation: The goal song

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
I think about this from time to time. Although Rock & Roll pt 2 a.k.a Hey Song is a classic, it should be taken out completely IMO. Just because of Gary Glitter's conviction. I don't want to think about stuff like that when I'm watching a hockey game.

The Whip is good. They could just remove the Hey Song part and go with The Whip. What do you think?

Also, does anyone know what was going on with the goal horn the other night? It made some weird fart sounds and went off key. Has that happened before? This was against Minny.

SlowSkates

Jun 9, 2010
Horn was definitely having issues against the Wild. It also wasn't at full volume against the Sabres I think...which is just as well if it was having problems, since it would have been seriously broken from over-use in the Sabres game. :)

Hopefully it's fixed by next game...it's the only good thing about the Pepsi Center's Avs goal celly.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Stick with Rock and Roll Pt 2. It's a hockey tradition with roots in Colorado and it's an awesome song.

People still watch Woody Allen and Roman Pulanski films, people still listen to Michael Jackson records. OJ Simpson is still in the Hall of Fame and some good movies, too.

You don't just pretend the art doesn't exist because the person who made it turned out to be a slimeball.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I don't mind the Glitter song, it's a sports tradition. If they want to pick an actual goal song, go out of the box. I like whatever that EDM song is they always take the opening faceoff in the second and third to. Or bring in some rap. That Type of Way song MacKinnon likes would be hilarious.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hahaha you guys are funny.

Chelsea Dagger is the worst, beyond annoying.

Lightning = Best

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No. No royalties should be going to a child molester. Wait until the ******* dies and then start using it again, but not until then.

Frankly it's been way overused and is overrated as a song, there are better, more original songs out there to celebrate a hockey goal.

I don't like the current goal song because it reminds me of American Family Insurance. It's also too similar to the Chelsea Dagger song.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Whip is good. They could just remove the Hey Song part and go with The Whip. What do you think?

The Whip is awful

The Whip is weird, because not only is it a very forgettable song, but it's used by multiple NHL teams despite the song barely having any views on youtube and the band are from what I can tell just a local band that have released a few albums - these aren't criticisms of them, but why the hell is this one song so widely used in the NHL?

I really like Chelsea Dagger that Chicago uses.

Not only is this a non-starter since Chicago uses it, but the song is old, The Fratellis are terrible, and really, what is this? 2007?

Should be Song 2.

This is the win song. Also the less Blur played at Avalanche games, the better.

Anyway, I think we should just go back to the old horn and the Rock & Roll Part 2. I don't hear that and immediately think of child abuse. What I would like to see are different goal songs for different players.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
No. No royalties should be going to a child molester.
Pretty much every sporting event I've ever been to has played at least one clip of at least one Michael Jackson song, and I've probably been to at least a few hundred by now (between NHL/NFL/MLB/NBA/AFL/NLL/MLL/college/minor leagues).

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pretty much every sporting event I've ever been to has played at least one clip of at least one Michael Jackson song, and I've probably been to at least a few hundred by now (between NHL/NFL/MLB/NBA/AFL/NLL/MLL/college/minor leagues).

There's a difference. Michael Jackson was never convicted, and there's still no real evidence that he ever was guilty. A weirdo to be sure, but not necessarily a pedophile.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Not a goal song but I always hear them play this in warmups. I am pretty curious to what older folks think of the EDM scene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad