The GM Mode Prospect Thread

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Dropped from a 93 to an 82 in one year? WTF. How old was he at this point? That doesn't make any sense

Was during the 15-16 season. He went from a 84-93 via stats growth.
Think he was in the 25-26 year old range. Don't recall.
Then he regressed as his stats growths reset to zero and he lost some defensive awareness via natural regression the following offseason.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I had some random backup goalie jump to 87 overall and I didn't even play him in a single game so i traded him for two 4.5 star players :laugh:

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I updated some rosters. Doing the new Penguins, Kunitz at 88 (changed to SNP), Crosby at 99, Malkin at 95, Horny at 85 (changed to PWF), Spaling at 81 (changed to PLY), and upped some prospects, Jarry to 4* and changed some guys to 3-3.5*. Will getcha all I write-up soon.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ryan O'Reilly, Lemuieux, and Johnston in! Shero and Bylsma out!​

Mario, "Today we have fired, coach and GM Dan Bylsma. I will be taking over the GM spot, and former WHL coach Mike Johnston will be taking the coaching vacancy. I know there has been alot of buzz so no time will be wasted, we have a trade to announce."

:pens
LW/C Ryan O'Reilly
(2 contracts)

:avs
D Rob Scuderi (82)
D Brian Dumoulin (3.5* gold -- 75)
D Phillip Samuelsson (3.5* gold -- 70)
2014 2nd
2014 3rd

Mario," We feel Ryan will be a top 6 winger in the future and will really help us out in the long term swing of things. It hurts to lose 2 up and coming defenseman in one trade, but we feel it will be worth it in the long run."

Last edited:

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
"Penguins start the 2013-2014 year hot; 17-0 start"

The Penguins had started of the 2013-2014 year very well, with a 6-0-1 preseason and 17-0 start you would have wondered if they ever would have lost. Although last night they suffered there 1st loss to the New York Islanders

The Opening Night Roster

Kunitz (88)-Crosby (99)-Hornqvist (85)
O'Reilly (84)-Geno (95)-Bennett (83)
Dupuis (84)-Sutter (83)-Downie (82)
Spaling (81)-Goc (81)-Comeau (81)

Maatta (84)-Letang (89)
Martin (85)-Erhroff (83)
Despres (80)-Bortuzzo (78)

Fluery (87)
Greiss (79)

Notes-
The ****ing Islanders...and is Wheat hard to see? Does it bother anybody?

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I drafted 2 five star LW' s in a single draft. Manny Rullier was an 82 overall 5 GREEN STARS, and Theo Setoguchi was an 86 overall 5 yellow star,entering their sophomore seasons Theo is 93 overall and is a superb skater. Manny is an 89 overall. I'm incredibly excited to see how these two develop.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I drafted 2 five star LW' s in a single draft. Manny Rullier was an 82 overall 5 GREEN STARS, and Theo Setoguchi was an 86 overall 5 yellow star,entering their sophomore seasons Theo is 93 overall and is a superb skater. Manny is an 89 overall. I'm incredibly excited to see how these two develop.

Wow nice luck. I can never draft a 5 star skater. I only seem to have 5 star goalies, and in one save I got about 1-3 5 star goalies each draft. Anyway, good luck on their development

lids5

Aug 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm in year three and I'm heading into the draft. I've got good depth defensively (Ekblad, Schultz, Hedman) and in the crease (Kevin Lankinnen, 86 ovr, 4.5), and good skill up front (Toews, Galchenyuk, Nuge, Huberdeau, Kucherov) but I need a big, scoring winger with an 87+ ceiling. Anybody worth drafting?

MiniNinja

Pasta the Pastrnak
Dec 4, 2014
Even though NHL 15 is out, I dont have it so I play NHL 14

Are these lines decent

Drouin 'A' McDavid 'C' Patrick Kane

Erne MacKinnon Bjorkstrand

Palat Gaunce Smith

Griffith Barkov Wingels

Defense:

Ekblad 'A' Shattenkirk

Honka Pouliot

Krug Jones

Goalies:

Hellberg
Markstrom

My Jones just flunked in the roster update.... but im hoping for a 3rd Stanley cup in year 2022, waiting for a user generated SNP or PLY with crazy overall haha..

My team is little bit like this: McDavid is the best at 92 but then my worst is wingels at 80, lots of offense and very good defense not very good in OVR though

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Huge post incoming... :laugh:

Here are some guys that really developed for me:
Kristian Johnsson (2nd pick, 2017, 94 OVR, 4.5, PLY): This guy is a stud. Leads my team in points every year and ripped it up in the playoffs winning the Conn Smythe. He just keeps progressing.

Quinton Howden (25th pick, 2010, 90 OVR, TWF): Solid two-way guy who chips in offensively. I stole him from Edmonton in a trade.

Sebastian Aho (135th pick, 2015, 86 OVR, 3, TWF): I drafted him in the fifth round and he kept progressing. He is labeled as a TWF even though he is a defenseman :laugh:. He just put up 18 goals and 39 points.

Loik Leveille (12th pick, 2015, 88 OVR, 4, TWD): Picked him up off the Bruins when he was young and developed into a top-pairing defenseman. His offensive game is pretty bad, but his defence is amazing.

Ronald Dunham (53rd pick, 2018, 86 OVR, 4.5, TWF): He was 81 out of the draft but I left him unsigned and when he was about to become a UFA he was 86 OVR with a 92 OAW.

Other Notables:
Josh Manson (5th round, 2011, 83 OVR, 3, TWD)
Morgan Klimchuk (1st round, 2013, 88 OVR, 4, SNP)
Pavel Burmistrov (1st round, 2016, 85 OVR, 4(dropped to 4), PWF)
Henrik Haapala (FA, 2014, 83 OVR, 2.5, TWF)
Hayden Hodgson (5th round, 2015, 83 OVR, 4, TWF)

And some tips (Most of you guys probably know these, but they're useful if you don't know them) :

--- After your prospect pool gets thin in the later years, keep a steady amount of undrafted FA's coming through your system. I usually sign 2.5 and 3.5 guys with almost NHL-ready OAW and DAW (anywhere from 75+) that are 22 and under. If they don't work out, trade 'em and sign some new ones. I got some solid third liners and middle pairing d-men by doing this (With a very cheap cap hit). And a 3x Norris runner up.

--- I never play a guy in the NHL under 82 OVR unless he has super star potential. This method worked 90% of the time for me. Burmistrov (listed above) was 81 OVR and I kept him in the minors another year and he dropped to red stars but he was 85 OVR by seasons end.

This one is kinda cheap :laugh: :
--- At the start of a season, go to the trade block and search for players 26 and under. You can find some cheap elite players and get them before their trade value sky rockets.

Hope this was helpful! :)

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Huge post incoming... :laugh:

Here are some guys that really developed for me:
Kristian Johnsson (2nd pick, 2017, 94 OVR, 4.5, PLY): This guy is a stud. Leads my team in points every year and ripped it up in the playoffs winning the Conn Smythe. He just keeps progressing.

Quinton Howden (25th pick, 2010, 90 OVR, TWF): Solid two-way guy who chips in offensively. I stole him from Edmonton in a trade.

Sebastian Aho (135th pick, 2015, 86 OVR, 3, TWF): I drafted him in the fifth round and he kept progressing. He is labeled as a TWF even though he is a defenseman :laugh:. He just put up 18 goals and 39 points.

Loik Leveille (12th pick, 2015, 88 OVR, 4, TWD): Picked him up off the Bruins when he was young and developed into a top-pairing defenseman. His offensive game is pretty bad, but his defence is amazing.

Ronald Dunham (53rd pick, 2018, 86 OVR, 4.5, TWF): He was 81 out of the draft but I left him unsigned and when he was about to become a UFA he was 86 OVR with a 92 OAW.

Other Notables:
Josh Manson (5th round, 2011, 83 OVR, 3, TWD)
Morgan Klimchuk (1st round, 2013, 88 OVR, 4, SNP)
Pavel Burmistrov (1st round, 2016, 85 OVR, 4(dropped to 4), PWF)
Henrik Haapala (FA, 2014, 83 OVR, 2.5, TWF)
Hayden Hodgson (5th round, 2015, 83 OVR, 4, TWF)

And some tips (Most of you guys probably know these, but they're useful if you don't know them) :

--- After your prospect pool gets thin in the later years, keep a steady amount of undrafted FA's coming through your system. I usually sign 2.5 and 3.5 guys with almost NHL-ready OAW and DAW (anywhere from 75+) that are 22 and under. If they don't work out, trade 'em and sign some new ones. I got some solid third liners and middle pairing d-men by doing this (With a very cheap cap hit). And a 3x Norris runner up.

--- I never play a guy in the NHL under 82 OVR unless he has super star potential. This method worked 90% of the time for me. Burmistrov (listed above) was 81 OVR and I kept him in the minors another year and he dropped to red stars but he was 85 OVR by seasons end.

This one is kinda cheap :laugh: :
--- At the start of a season, go to the trade block and search for players 26 and under. You can find some cheap elite players and get them before their trade value sky rockets.

Hope this was helpful! :)

**** I just realized I posted this in the NHL 14 thread :laugh:

scobes

Mar 9, 2015
Sorry if this has been answered:

How do you assign underage draft picks to the CHL? Been playing this game for awhile and it just now clicked why I have the worst time developing prospects: they're all underage playing in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad