Pre-Game Talk: The Gauntlet Begins vs. Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I didn't think it looked too great, but his skating has never really stood out to me when he's healthy.
i thought it was weird that he took off his glove and pointed and his whole hand/wrist was taped up. i wonder if it isnt evern lower body injury. would make sense why he was skating well in warmups vs SJ and bailed out

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the last time we played them, it was awful diving but they had a buzzsaw for a PP so I get it.

They reminded me a ton of our team at the start of the year. They are what we were, but if it never cooled down. (that is if that game was representative of their team)
i think the difference really is they have makar who can dominate and drive a line from the back. If bouchard plays like he did last night he is very close offensively. he will never be makar skating wise but his offensive instinct is elite as well.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How was Leon's skating yesterday? I ended up missing the entire game and can't watch it until tonight or tomorrow thanks to BS blackout restrictions.
I thought it was okay, but he certainly wasn't at his best. After Colorado, they have a 3 day rest, so hopefully that should help.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The diving from the Avs last game was pathetic, expecting more of the same. Hopefully we play physical and all over them.

Should be a fun game, McDavid continuing to go super nova would be great.

Reactions: TB12 and oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
How was Leon's skating yesterday? I ended up missing the entire game and can't watch it until tonight or tomorrow thanks to BS blackout restrictions.

OnHockey is your friend. Even get delayed rebroadcasts if you save the link page on your desktop while the game is on (within about 20 hours after the game ends, wait any longer and the broadcast stops or doesn't work). Best to use the Brave browser.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The toughest stretch coming up. Luckily they’ve built themselves enough of a cushion where I think they can afford to lose quite a few of these games and still be in a playoff spot.

Hopefully we can take one from Colorado at least.

Vegas has 10 games left so they can wind up with 102 points at best. Edmonton needs 14 points to get to 103. Just win 7 of their final 10, eezy-peezy, booty squeezy.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
I wonder how many bl**j**s the refs will be giving col every time a wind gust knocks McKinnon to the ground.

against Pittsburgh, Colorado didn’t get a power play all game.

you won’t have to sweat Kadri for this one

if you think Mackinnon gets a kind whistle, this threatens the Avs/Oilers sympatico about him and McDavid both not getting a single call drawn in 4 straight playoff games

Reactions: oilers'72

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
against Pittsburgh, Colorado didn’t get a power play all game.

but if your projection is Kadri specific, you won’t have to sweat him for this one
Pittsburgh is apparently the least penalized team in the league by a large margin.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
The 2 hottest teams in the west, both on lengthy winning streaks, Colorado at 5, Edmonton at 6 (going for franchise record 10th straight at home)

Someone's gonna feel the sting of defeat tonight. This is THE game to watch tonight, battle of the best players the world. Perhaps a preview of an inevitable meeting down the road

Let's fkn go boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad