Pre-Game Talk: The Gauntlet Begins vs. Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The toughest stretch coming up. Luckily they’ve built themselves enough of a cushion where I think they can afford to lose quite a few of these games and still be in a playoff spot.

Hopefully we can take one from Colorado at least.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think we win this one, or at least collect a loser point. Goaltending is always the wild card with this team, lets hope it holds up along with the defensive play.

Reactions: yukoner88

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think we win this one, or at least collect a loser point. Goaltending is always the wild card with this team, lets hope it holds up along with the defensive play.

"@Stoneman89 Jets playing a must win game tonight. ;):"

And you sir, are correct, it WAS a must game for them, being they pretty much need to run the table, and the their opponent was a feeble team below them in the standings, so the expectation was there. Had it been someone like Florida or Colorado, they could have said they expected to lose, we'll get the rest against remaining lesser competition.

Last night was a another MUST win for us, because it gave us separation and also takes points away from a team we're in competition with.

The game tomorrow against Colorado is NOT a must win, IMO. We are not competing with them. Based on lineups and where we are in the standings, it should be an expected loss for us. And we also have some nice seperation (and still a game in hand on one of them) from those we're fighting with now. If we get a point from this one, or (God forbid), 2 points, it's a bonus and gravy.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The toughest stretch coming up. Luckily they’ve built themselves enough of a cushion where I think they can afford to lose quite a few of these games and still be in a playoff spot.

Hopefully we can take one from Colorado at least.

Exactly. Because they won the ones they had to have against weak or average competition (must win), they now have a cushion. Welcome to the dark side.:D

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oh good the Avs.

Best diving display on TV outside of the Olympics.
the last time we played them, it was awful diving but they had a buzzsaw for a PP so I get it.

They reminded me a ton of our team at the start of the year. They are what we were, but if it never cooled down. (that is if that game was representative of their team)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How was Leon's skating yesterday? I ended up missing the entire game and can't watch it until tonight or tomorrow thanks to BS blackout restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad